Photo
- - - - -

UNC/'Cuse

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

#41 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:28 PM

Taking nothing away from your recent accomplishments, you guys are not good this year. Just deal with it.

No poo. You must be a real smart guy. Who doesn't or didn't know that? Are you guys fuging high?

#42 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

HUDDLER

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:41 PM

No poo. You must be a real smart guy. Who doesn't or didn't know that? Are you guys fuging high?

Well UNC was ranked in the top 5, so apparently a lot of folks didn't know that. They now do, though, I guess.

#43 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:56 PM

Well UNC was ranked in the top 5, so apparently a lot of folks didn't know that. They now do, though, I guess.

Yeah, but aside from all those people....

/sarcasm

#44 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:08 PM

Posted Image

Just keep saying things like "wait till March, they'll be ready." Ready for what? If anything, your team will be exposed even further during the ncaa tourney (if you make it) because it is so dominated by guard play.

#45 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:13 PM

I misspoke. What i was referring to was the number of upperclassman that play big minutes. The only two players on this years UNC team that played any kind of meaningful minutes last year were Deon Thompson and Ed Davis. LD II averaged maybe 6 minutes a game last year. Tyler Zeller was out for just about the whole year. Ginyard didn't play. Graves was suspended about the whole year. And the five freshmen weren't here.

The fact of the matter is that UNC is a young, inexperienced team and will lose probably about 7-10 games this year. Anybody that thinks they were a legitimate top 5 team right now was stupid in the first place. Even Roy said they were nowhere near a top 5 team...and that was before the Syracuse game.

They will get better, and will be ready come March. Bank on that.

Oh you misspoke, I just think you don't know what you are talking about. Syracuse is just as young and inexperienced as your guys, and they took you to the woodshed. Don't make excuses you guys will get better but so will they that is the bottom line their ceiling is just as high if not higher than yours. The two big issues are the shooting and the PG play and I have said that from the beginning, those two have to get better before you have a shot at anything.

#46 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:46 PM

Who cares? Hell, Roy himself has said that they are ranked too high, if that makes you feel any better. In January, nobody will even remember who was ranked where at the start of the season anyway.

#47 Htar

Htar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:52 PM

I smell a bunch of haters getting their shots in now because they know what pain is coming...The heels are going to take lumps this year, but their athleticism and talent will be too much for the haters and they know it. I don't blame them for taking shots, they have had to deal with much anguish and they know what Roy has done recruiting.

BTW, any compliment i paid to dook playing well earlier I take it back. Duck Fook! Let me know why you guys grow a set and play somebody.

#48 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

HUDDLER

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:31 PM

Posted Image

Just keep saying things like "wait till March, they'll be ready." Ready for what? If anything, your team will be exposed even further during the ncaa tourney (if you make it) because it is so dominated by guard play.

LOL....a DOOK fan talking about getting exposed in March...this is priceless. Well, hey if anybody knows about getting exposed in March, it's gotta be you. Maybe you have a point.

I've been fairly consistent in my view of this season for Carolina. It's not a championship season. Anything can happen but odds are a sweet sixteen could be the endpoint for Carolina. But I'll take it. UNC won the championship in 2005 and in 2009, and we'll be set up for one next year and maybe even the year after that, depending on who stays and who goes. We've taken dook to the woodshed 4 years in a row at Hansbrough Indoor Stadium. This has been the best run for UNC over the past 4 years in my entire life...and you think getting beaten by a good Syracuse team is going to piss me off? LOL.

#49 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

HUDDLER

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:35 PM

Oh you misspoke, I just think you don't know what you are talking about. Syracuse is just as young and inexperienced as your guys, and they took you to the woodshed. Don't make excuses you guys will get better but so will they that is the bottom line their ceiling is just as high if not higher than yours. The two big issues are the shooting and the PG play and I have said that from the beginning, those two have to get better before you have a shot at anything.

Who do you root for again? I gotta hear this.

#50 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:35 PM

I smell a bunch of haters getting their shots in now because they know what pain is coming...The heels are going to take lumps this year, but their athleticism and talent will be too much for the haters and they know it. I don't blame them for taking shots, they have had to deal with much anguish and they know what Roy has done recruiting.

BTW, any compliment i paid to dook playing well earlier I take it back. Duck Fook! Let me know why you guys grow a set and play somebody.

You sound like the hater, please don't take back your compliment it meant so much to all of us. Fact of the matter is UNC is not very good right now and you guys just keep saying "just wait, just wait until March." We play who we play got Arizona St. and then maybe Uconn it is a tournament and we play whoever wins. You guys have played your share of cupcakes this year too but I have to admit you guys have a tough schedule coming up though.