Photo
- - - - -

Jon Scheyer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:57 PM

Maybe not a true point guard or flashy but he is getting the job done 17 ppg. and 6 asst. per game and hasn't turn the ball over yet this year.

#2 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:01 PM

Larry Drew is a better pg! LMAO!

#3 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:40 PM

^ keep rippin on LD and remember this conversation when he is a senior.

#4 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:42 PM

He will probably transfer before he is a Senior, Marshall will come in as a freshman and be better then Drew. I know Larry Drew 1 is already pissed about the new pg coming in and had talked about his son transferring already.

#5 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:47 PM

I think you should make a thread about every player on Duke's roster.

#6 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:50 PM

Too bad Green isn't still here so he could tea-bag Scheyer like he did Paulus. The team's going to have to appoint a successor to Green for that department this year. Maybe Justin Watts.

#7 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:34 AM

I think you should make a thread about every player on Duke's roster.

I probably will I think Andre Dawkins is next and then Miles Plumlee:D

#8 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:37 AM

Too bad Green isn't still here so he could tea-bag Scheyer like he did Paulus. The team's going to have to appoint a successor to Green for that department this year. Maybe Justin Watts.

Yeah tea-bag, that was a nice dunk got to give credit where credit is due, but Watts has to get on the floor first. What is he averaging like 8 minutes a game?

#9 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:41 PM

The second coming of Quentin Thomas. I can't wait. :lol:

#10 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:33 AM

You really know nothing about your own team. If you think Drew is gonna be a force when he is a senior you are going to be disappointed. Isn't Kendall Marshall, the next Jason Kidd???

Let's keep in mind Drew is going up against the easy part of the schedule right now too. Just think about that, the guards he will face will only get better as the season rolls on.

#11 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:29 AM

I am not sold on LD and I am a Carolina fan. I dont think he will be a UNC standout after he is gone by any means...just happy to hear there are some guys coming in the next 2 years that will give us a boost at the guard position.

#12 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:35 PM

I am not sold on LD and I am a Carolina fan. I dont think he will be a UNC standout after he is gone by any means...just happy to hear there are some guys coming in the next 2 years that will give us a boost at the guard position.

I think LD II's problem is that he just tries too hard at times. Roy wants to play as fast as possible, and with this team I'm not sure that's a good thing right now. LD goes too far with his dribble sometimes and gets himself into trouble. I think he will work it out with more experience. The problem is even worse for Henson. He's playing a position that he doesn't look comfortable in, but he really can't play the four because he'll get pushed around inside, especially in the ACC. This whole team is a work in progress and I don't expect to see them really gel until about mid January.

#13 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:56 PM

I think LD II's problem is that he just tries too hard at times. Roy wants to play as fast as possible, and with this team I'm not sure that's a good thing right now. LD goes too far with his dribble sometimes and gets himself into trouble. I think he will work it out with more experience. The problem is even worse for Henson. He's playing a position that he doesn't look comfortable in, but he really can't play the four because he'll get pushed around inside, especially in the ACC. This whole team is a work in progress and I don't expect to see them really gel until about mid January.

Sorry I have to disagree with LD2. I think he gives great effort but he is just not that good of a point guard. I watched him against GW and he dribbled the ball off of his on leg at the top of the key. He will be a Quinton Thomas type, just be glad you have Marshall coming in next year. I do agree Roy wanting him to push the ball gets him in more trouble so it may be in their best interest to slow it down a bit. As far as Henson the kid is talented but is very awkward. He is quite scary to look at, I mean he is way too skinny and is very much a work in progress but he has talent and putting on about 25 lbs. would help out a lot.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com