• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:05 PM

nice game with two big threes late to finish with 12 pts., 10 assists and 1 TO. Looks like he is getting more comfortable with the duties. But, man, this team and their growing pains are going to drive me nuts.

#2 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:25 PM

that one 3 on the baseline was sweet

#3 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:44 PM

that one 3 on the baseline was sweet

He and Marshall are really going to solidify that PG spot next year and the experience Strickland is getting will benefit him as well. The Heels are going to take some lumps but will get better through the year...Next year they could be contending for another championship.

#4 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:15 PM

Just looking at the box score...

You guys shot almost 50% from the floor, were +10 in rebounding, shot EIGHTEEN more free throws, and beat Nevada by 7.

Good luck with your upcoming schedule.

#5 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:27 AM

Yeah the team is slowly starting to gel...and I mean slowly. But they are getting better. Good game by Drew, and you can tell that he is getting more comfortable. But let's be honest, Nevada isn't Michigan State or UK. UNC can beat them but it will take a little more than they are doing now.

I still say it's going to be about mid-January before this team hits it's stride. We'll know then about how far they can go in March.

#6 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:05 AM

nice game with two big threes late to finish with 12 pts., 10 assists and 1 TO. Looks like he is getting more comfortable with the duties. But, man, this team and their growing pains are going to drive me nuts.

That was a nice game, but what I don't understand is UNC shot almost 50% from the field and 40% from 3. Thompson had a huge game along with Davis having 15 and 15 and you only beat Nevada by 7. What happened? I didn't watch the game and just looked at the boxscore.

#7 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:13 AM

Yeah the team is slowly starting to gel...and I mean slowly. But they are getting better. Good game by Drew, and you can tell that he is getting more comfortable. But let's be honest, Nevada isn't Michigan State or UK. UNC can beat them but it will take a little more than they are doing now.

I still say it's going to be about mid-January before this team hits it's stride. We'll know then about how far they can go in March.

Ok but let's be honest about UK. I am not worried about them at all, I have yet to see them play and convince me that they will beat us. Plus you left out Texas, who I think is the best team in the land.

#8 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:10 AM

Ok but let's be honest about UK. I am not worried about them at all, I have yet to see them play and convince me that they will beat us. Plus you left out Texas, who I think is the best team in the land.

John Wall is going to chew your guards up and spit them out. Kentucky is like UNC in their style of play, only they have more talent to do it with. Not only is John Wall better than Drew...Eric Bledsoe is as well. Have fun trying to control those two.

#9 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:04 PM

I didn't say anything about UK or Michigan State being the best team in the land, and they are the two teams they are facing this week, not Texas. Texas is 3 weeks off.

Yeah, and as unicar mentioned, I'm worried about how we're going to handle Wall. We've had our problems guarding lesser guards than him, in case you haven't noticed. He could go off for 30+ points...and then you got Cousins inside that will get his points. I just don't like the match ups right now. I'm not saying we can't beat them...but UK is no Nevada, and if you want to make the assumption that Nevada=UK, then you're nuts.

#10 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:35 PM

Valpo's guards lit UNC up for 20 pts. and 30 pts. Syracuse guards were 11 pts. and 11 pts. Gardner Webb 32 pts. and 9 pts. Nevada 20 pts. and 8 pts. Ohio St. 23 pts. and 17 pts. Yes if I were you I would be worried about Wall and Bledsoe because UNC is getting lit up by guards this year and those are no way as talented as Wall and Bledsoe. UK scares me for the simple fact of their guard play not to mention Patterson and Cousins down low. Good luck!

#11 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:42 PM

Plus, Wall might feel a little dissed about never really being recruited by Roy. I am disgusted in myself for saying this, but I am looking forward to a Cal & Company giving the heels a beat down.

#12 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:13 PM

Plus, Wall might feel a little dissed about never really being recruited by Roy. I am disgusted in myself for saying this, but I am looking forward to a Cal & Company giving the heels a beat down.

I think you're going to be disappointed. Whoever wins, it won't be a beatdown. UK is just as young as UNC and has also struggled against "lesser" teams. It will be an interesting game, and I think UK will probably win..but it won't be by that much.

Syracuse beat UNC badly because UNC likes to run and Syracuse WILL slow you down. Syracuse has ALWAYS had that ability under Boeheim. He is the best at coaching a zone. UNC will always struggle against zones, particularly those teams that have the length of Syracuse. UK does not play zone, and I don't think they will in this game. They have the personnel to run with UNC and that's what they'll do.

#13 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:11 PM

Sure, it could be a close game, but there is also potential for Kentucky to run away with it. Kentucky's big men are just as good, if not better, than Carolina's, and anyone looking at the guards objectively knows that it's no contest. But hey, that's why they play the game, right?

#14 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:36 PM

Sure, it could be a close game, but there is also potential for Kentucky to run away with it. Kentucky's big men are just as good, if not better, than Carolina's, and anyone looking at the guards objectively knows that it's no contest. But hey, that's why they play the game, right?

Yeah, I'd give the guard edge to UK. I think we are deeper in the post and that's why I give us the edge there. I think Wall is the difference maker in this game, and that's why I think UK will win....but not by much.

#15 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:44 PM

Yeah, I'd give the guard edge to UK. I think we are deeper in the post and that's why I give us the edge there. I think Wall is the difference maker in this game, and that's why I think UK will win....but not by much.

The problem with UNC is they don't have a balanced team. Their three best players play the same position.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.