• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:17 PM

Yeah, I'd give the guard edge to UK. I think we are deeper in the post and that's why I give us the edge there. I think Wall is the difference maker in this game, and that's why I think UK will win....but not by much.

Might be a little bit deeper in the post, but I'm not even sold on that. Patterson is better than any of your post players, and it's not like Cousins will be pushed around by anyone you have. Just saying.

#17 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:52 PM

Might be a little bit deeper in the post, but I'm not even sold on that. Patterson is better than any of your post players, and it's not like Cousins will be pushed around by anyone you have. Just saying.

Now you're just being ridiculous. Ed Davis is projected to go in the top 5 of the draft. He is almost averaging a double double in the early part of his sophomore year. He's better defensively and offensively in the post. And he's doing all this against better quality opponents. Your remarks are decidedly hater-esque, and hold no water.

#18 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:25 PM

HAHAHA! I love the hater's...UNC can't compete with anybody according to them and we're lucky to win a game, EVER! UNC is young and will improve, and the fact is that they are in rebuilding mode, just as they were in 2006 and still did quite well. UNC will get better throughout the year and will be a factor in March. As a Heel fan, considering the youth, that's what we're shooting for.

As for the Syracuse game some allude to, UNC had the lead at half and started off the second half abysmally. It got away from them and that's how it goes with a young team. Some of you act as if they got it handed to them from the tip.

As for Wall and UK...That kid will probably light us up out of revenge. It will be his only time to ever do it as he will be league next year.

#19 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:30 PM

Hey I can understand a dook fan's frustration. They haven't been faring too well in the NCAA tourney the past few years while UNC has won 2 championships. It's gotta be demoralizing for them.

#20 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:01 PM

HAHAHA! I love the hater's...UNC can't compete with anybody according to them and we're lucky to win a game, EVER! UNC is young and will improve, and the fact is that they are in rebuilding mode, just as they were in 2006 and still did quite well. UNC will get better throughout the year and will be a factor in March. As a Heel fan, considering the youth, that's what we're shooting for.

As for the Syracuse game some allude to, UNC had the lead at half and started off the second half abysmally. It got away from them and that's how it goes with a young team. Some of you act as if they got it handed to them from the tip.

As for Wall and UK...That kid will probably light us up out of revenge. It will be his only time to ever do it as he will be league next year.

Why is someone considered a hater if they have a different opinion and it can hold water. Guard wise UK is better and Cousins and Patterson can match up with Davis and Thompson. When it comes to depth down low you guys have a decided advantage probably over anyone in the country. If you want to talk about a team getting better throughout the year it will be Kentucky so luckly you catch them early. I do loom for Wall to have a big game though.

#21 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:51 PM

I think it's really about this simple, and any realistic Heels fan (or Heels Hater) would probably agree with me... It's a young team, and they're gonna do some bone headed things... They'll make one eye popping play one trip down the floor, and a stupid one the next... They'll manhandle some teams that you wouldn't have seen coming, given their youth and inexperience... And they'll let some teams hang around that should have been blown off the floor... In the end, they'll finish the season something like 22-8, second or third in the ACC, a third or fourth seed, and bounce in the Sweet 16 (give or take a round)... They're talented enough at all positions to overcome inexperience on most nights... But they'll take some lumps, and give Roy a few more gray hairs to deal with... Playing the tough schedule that they do will be good for them... Will they lose to Kentucky, Texas and MSU? It's likely... They're all more advanced teams at this stage... As long as they play hard (and UNC fans don't over-expect), they will be a fun team to watch grow up... That being said, if they can overcome their turnover issues, and their tendency to look inept on the defensive end (clearly their two biggest weaknesses), they have a real shot to be something this year... Regardless, next year (and beyond) looks awful good...

#22 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:32 PM

Now you're just being ridiculous. Ed Davis is projected to go in the top 5 of the draft. He is almost averaging a double double in the early part of his sophomore year. He's better defensively and offensively in the post. And he's doing all this against better quality opponents. Your remarks are decidedly hater-esque, and hold no water.

Do you watch anyone besides Carolina? Patrick Patterson doesn't "almost average a double double," he in fact does. He averages more points and rebounds per game this year, and his career averages are MUCH better than Ed's.

As far as their draft status for next year, look at http://www.nbadraft.net/2010mock_draft

There, you'll see Patterson and Cousins for UK, not to mention Wall (we'll stick with post players, though), and for Carolina you'll see Davis and Thompson.

First, I'll point out that Patterson is projected higher than Davis. Second, I'll point out that the average projection for the two UK post players is 18.5, and for Carolina's two posts it is 28.

Obviously, Carolina has the advantage. :nono:

While my posts are most definitely "hater-esque" towards Carolina, yours are much worse in the other direction. Your Carolina blinders are getting a little foggy - I suggest you wipe them off and realize that even though Roy recruited them, the majority of players on your team this year are average at best.

#23 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:18 PM

Do you watch anyone besides Carolina? Patrick Patterson doesn't "almost average a double double," he in fact does. He averages more points and rebounds per game this year, and his career averages are MUCH better than Ed's.

As far as their draft status for next year, look at http://www.nbadraft.net/2010mock_draft

There, you'll see Patterson and Cousins for UK, not to mention Wall (we'll stick with post players, though), and for Carolina you'll see Davis and Thompson.

First, I'll point out that Patterson is projected higher than Davis. Second, I'll point out that the average projection for the two UK post players is 18.5, and for Carolina's two posts it is 28.

Obviously, Carolina has the advantage. :nono:

While my posts are most definitely "hater-esque" towards Carolina, yours are much worse in the other direction. Your Carolina blinders are getting a little foggy - I suggest you wipe them off and realize that even though Roy recruited them, the majority of players on your team this year are average at best.

You have that link and I have this link:http://www.draftexpr...ock-draft/2010/
Anybody can speculate anything. But how about past games played against each other? Hmmm? How about last year? Thompson had more points and only 2 less rebounds than Patterson while playing less minutes. Ed Davis played about 13 minutes less and almost had a double double. http://northcarolina...m/2/813334.html

So your worthless link is contradicted by a worthless link of my own as well as actual concrete data in a head to head matchup. Now get a grip dummy.

#24 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:32 PM

You have that link and I have this link:http://www.draftexpr...ock-draft/2010/
Anybody can speculate anything. But how about past games played against each other? Hmmm? How about last year? Thompson had more points and only 2 less rebounds than Patterson while playing less minutes. Ed Davis played about 13 minutes less and almost had a double double. http://northcarolina...m/2/813334.html

So your worthless link is contradicted by a worthless link of my own as well as actual concrete data in a head to head matchup. Now get a grip dummy.

You started the speculation, I just pointed out that you were wrong. You were the one that used Ed's draft stock in an argument for why he is better. Not sure why you left that link, it still has the two front court players from UK ranked higher than the two from Carolina. There is no arguing that Patterson is better right now than Ed Davis. Career stats tell more of a story than one game, right?

If not, I'll point out that Gardner Webb's Grayson Flittner outscored every guard on your roster combined. :)

#25 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:34 AM

You pointed out nothing. The link I provided has Ed Davis being drafted before both Patterson and Cousins. Ed is better...just deal with it and move on.

The other link to the game stats shows Deon scored one more point and got only 2 less rebounds in about 6 minutes less on the court. Davis was one point away from a double-double with 13 minutes less playing time.

BTW....UNC 2005 & 2009 National Champs. dook hasn't been past the sweet sixteen since 2004. bwahahahahah!

#26 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:30 AM

Find it funny that everyones ragging on UNC beating Nevada by 7, and saying UK is gonna beat them down. Hey, Miami (OH) got beat by a buzzer beater and they a Pac-10 bottom feeder took them to overtime and should have won. I think UNC will beat UK pretty bad.

#27 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:10 AM

Find it funny that everyones ragging on UNC beating Nevada by 7, and saying UK is gonna beat them down. Hey, Miami (OH) got beat by a buzzer beater and they a Pac-10 bottom feeder took them to overtime and should have won. I think UNC will beat UK pretty bad.

Why do you think that?

#28 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:20 AM

You pointed out nothing. The link I provided has Ed Davis being drafted before both Patterson and Cousins. Ed is better...just deal with it and move on.

The other link to the game stats shows Deon scored one more point and got only 2 less rebounds in about 6 minutes less on the court. Davis was one point away from a double-double with 13 minutes less playing time.

BTW....UNC 2005 & 2009 National Champs. dook hasn't been past the sweet sixteen since 2004. bwahahahahah!

Who cares where the NBA projects them look at the stats this year that is what matters. All I am saying is that UNC doesn't have a huge advantage down low it is probably a push. Now UNC is deeper so foul trouble could push UNC to having an advantage because their three best players play the same position. We will see I think UK has the advantage because of their guards but they are both young so who knows. Neither team is playing very well right now.

#29 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:28 AM

Because he hates UK :lol:

#30 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:39 AM

Because he hates UK :lol:

So he is a typical UNC fan and can't think rationally.:biggrin: I don't like UK but I can objectively look at a game and I guess they can't. It just makes me laugh that they are all like Htar and can't break down their own teams strengths and weaknesses, and then if they get called out or stuck they say well we won the championship in 2005 and 2009, because that is relevant with this years team right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.