Photo
- - - - -

God, Judaism and the state of the World...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#13 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:46 PM

Funny how most of those email spam things are factually incorrect.

Funny how its usually the same people who keep falling for it.

#14 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:49 PM

I like to think our country has freedom of religion and freedom from religion.

Believe what you want, keep it to yourselves, no problem.

Well said, and I wish that were the case. Sad thing is that it will never be that way because of the nature of civilization. We have to live together, and we have to be ruled by a universal government which regulates how we live and behave. The problem is, that those with different religions, and those without faith have differing opinions, and not the kind that a concession can be made on. I say pro-choice, Christians say pro-life. There is no middle ground; those are mutually exclusive categories. But a shared government can only support one viewpoint. So how can there be freedom of religion when one side will always feel slighted?

We can live in a nation of religious tolerance, even of religious acceptance, but never a nation with freedom of religion.

#15 Sultan33g

Sultan33g

I have a boner.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:54 PM

Well said, and I wish that were the case. Sad thing is that it will never be that way because of the nature of civilization. We have to live together, and we have to be ruled by a universal government which regulates how we live and behave. The problem is, that those with different religions, and those without faith have differing opinions, and not the kind that a concession can be made on. I say pro-choice, Christians say pro-life. There is no middle ground; those are mutually exclusive categories. But a shared government can only support one viewpoint. So how can there be freedom of religion when one side will always feel slighted?

We can live in a nation of religious tolerance, even of religious acceptance, but never a nation with freedom of religion.

I think your sig should be the uniform gesture for peace and prosperity in this country