Photo
- - - - -

Ahmadinejad's Christmas Message: Jesus Would Oppose Warmongers, Occupiers, Terrorists

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#16 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:38 AM

Does the song go God Bless Iran?!!!!! No!!! I didn't think so!

God only loves us!

#17 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:46 AM

Does the song go God Bless Iran?!!!!! No!!! I didn't think so!

God only loves us!

Who sings about Iran?

A Flock of Seagulls.

And what do seagulls do?

They poo on us.

You can argue with me. You can't argue with solid logic.

#18 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:48 AM

I just told it from their point of view. This is not dodgeball, it's the real world. If you can't even try to see things as they are instead of just how you perceive them, you will never be able to solve real problems.

During the Cold War we had built up the Soviet Navy to mythic proportions that needed a massive military buildup to counter. Tom Clancy got rich. Afterwards, it was discovered that they could barely make it out of port their ships were so poorly built, and their weapons were no match for what the US and it's allies had. Looking at the Soviet system in hindsight, these problems were obvious to anyone who took the time to look behind the scenes but we let ourselves be talked into spending massive amounts of money on a 400 ship Navy that in the end was unneeded.

At least you got in your shot of "you must hate your country", which is the typical response to any reasonable dissenting opinion to the status quo. Sorry pal, I like being an American, am thankful for being able to live here - and glad that I am in a place that lets me actually think on my own instead of force feeding me patriotic "we are always right" crap. We should be using our freedom to try and make the world better for everyone, and part of that is realizing that not everyone wants the same things we do in life. Live and let live - unless you are forced to act otherwise in self defense. Then, apply overwhelming force as quickly as possible to minimize the damage.

That's all well and good. But in your honorable quest to see things from the other side, don't forget those who fight for this country. And in turn, don't forget those who are trying to harm them. The first group has earned that respect. The second has earned that disdain.

#19 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:16 PM

Our soldiers wouldnt even be threated by Iranian arms if they werent put in this redicoulous position in Iraq. What makes Iran supplying insurgents with arms any different than the US supporting the mujahadeen in Afghanistan when they were fighting the Russians?

Just like cookingwithgas said " if Iran invaded mexico to liberate it" youd bet your ass that we would supply the cartels with more than ample ammunition and explosives.

You have to view things from other perspectives, imagine yourself with the enemy at the gates you do what you can to get rid of them...its war....we would do the exact same thing.

#20 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:27 PM

They say the exact same things about themselves. And all of us have valid reasons to do so. To me "supporting the troops" means making sure they are cared for and are never sent to die for stupid reasons...like the Bush vs. Saddam Hussein Steel Cage Match.

If Iran directly attacked the US, I would not hesitate in my support for action against them. I feel the same way about the Taliban. The simple facts are that they have not done so, are not well equipped to do so, and would earn the emnity of the region for doing so. Iran does not scare me at all, and I do feel that they are only interested in protecting themselves, while funding other people to carry out their rather slight foreign military interests, which consist primarily of keeping people happy at home by denouncing Israel and providing some token support to the anti-Israeli forces. In Iraq, they have a lot of self interest going on, and I am sure the idea of a Iran friendly province on their border is something they would really feel was important, given the history between the two nations.

But we support the Israelis, they support the Anti-Israeli factions, is either of us more guilty than the other for fostering the problems there? Both sides are capable of terrible actions, although the Arab forces involved are more desperate and less well equipped, so to us it seems that they are crazy, while the Israelis roll in with their US funded firepower and look the part of a professionial army. When we complain about Iran "funding terrorists" while we are providing massive military aid to the other side, isn't there some kind of malfunction there?

Once we stop taking sides in that pointless conflict, we may have a case to put ourselves above Iran (besides the obvious fact that we control the big nation on their border). I'll leave the "America uber Alles" talk for others, thank you. That's not unpatriotic, that's just reason and common sense.

#21 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:34 PM

hahah America uber alles nice! I 2nd your post good thoughts

#22 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 01:50 PM

All I know is if I just returned from serving over there, where Iranian weapons had blown up my buddies, and saw your sympathetic posts to the Iranian viewpoint, I'd look at you as something less than patriotic.

#23 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:14 PM

I never said I was sympathetic to the Iranian viewpoint. I just said they are a lot closer to our own than you might want to believe. I'd rather we were not there at all, and all your buddies would be either back here, or fighting against the assholes who supported the 9/11 planners.

#24 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:15 PM

There is a big difference between SYMPATHY and UNDERSTANDING.

#25 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:27 PM

I never said I was sympathetic to the Iranian viewpoint. I just said they are a lot closer to our own than you might want to believe. I'd rather we were not there at all, and all your buddies would be either back here, or fighting against the assholes who supported the 9/11 planners.

I know what you're saying and appreciate where you're coming from. It's just that when liberals bend over backward to explain Iranian motive and blame their own countrymen, it opens you up to criticism, fair or unfair. Freedom of speech works both ways.

#26 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:45 PM

If conservatives would not be so ideologically blind, we would not have to.

#27 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:51 PM

Dude you cant call conservatives ideologically blind....thats unamerican of you! Go to mexico or canada if you want to have opposing viewpoints other than the status quo! Why on earth would you ever 2nd guess what your goverment does!

Totally unpatriotic, what would the founding fathers think of fighting the status quo!

#28 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,000 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 03:57 PM

cookingwithgas, Iran is simply less brazen than the US.

Also, do a little homework on Islamic law and a nice tidy little outclause they use when making deals with the infidels(that include you and I). They can public declare something but per this law they are not obligated to come thru. I call it lying.

I see where your coming from don't get me wrong.

#29 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 04:13 PM

You have to decide who you want to have the greater infulence in the world...Without the USA, someone would fill that vaccum, and you have to ask what happens then? I would argue that the USA has done far more good in the world than not...If you disagree, spell it out where we've done so much damage...11 known democracies at the end of WW2, more than 120 now...I suspect US foreign policy and power-projection has as much to do with that as anything. So, again, tell me how WRONG we are. We've made mistakes, now doubt, but our enemies aren't as pure as driven snow, and have done little good for humanity or this world.

#30 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 04:48 PM

What if its England or France that become the vacuum they are former power houses...whats wrong with that? they are our allies and friends. Iran will never ever ever become more of a power than either of those countries...yes not even bigger than the french!

Sure the US has done a ton of good, we defeated facism, invented the automobile(take that god, we dont need your horse) helped poor and suffering people all over the world....except we cant help our own poor so that is a fault I think.

We tried to stop communism but we didnt. Dont count us winning the cold war as the end of communism, its called the People Republic of China (who happens to be our best friend) Vietnam and Iraq 2.0 reaffirmed something thats been around for a long ass time....people will change when they themselves want to change....Force only makes them do it out of fear. Fear will make people lash out negatively, like a caged dog.

Who are we to project our values all over the world.... Do you want a democrat projecting their values to your republican children or vice versa. Do you as a Christian want a Muslim to project his faith and values on you....most likely not. Yes we have done good, but if someone doesnt agree with us we have to listen why and what can we do to find a common ground. You cant have everything your way.

And if you view people as your enemy nothing will ever get done because enemy=bad bad=must be stopped by all means=I dont listen till you stop.....wow where have I heard that before....oh yeah Bush 2.0

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com