Photo
- - - - -

Ahmadinejad's Christmas Message: Jesus Would Oppose Warmongers, Occupiers, Terrorists

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#46 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:50 PM

Nobody comes close to aid/relief/funding etc than the US.

and yet it's still the smallest percentage of gdi of any other wealthy donor nation

#47 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,004 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 03:10 PM

and yet it's still the smallest percentage of gdi of any other wealthy donor nation

Correct. Keep in mind the promised amount that was agreed to by most if not all the naions was to be 0.7 Not even 1%.

Having said that. The American PEOPLE do an amazing amout of giving as well.
Public and private.
So, one could do a little Freakonomics argument of perhaps its more EFFECTIVE if the US gives more privately and thru businesses than thru as a Governmental entity. Because we know how bad red tape is. So imagine red tape when there is money on the line and it goes overseas.

Thus this is the constant Catch 22 the US is in. We give. Well we want you to give more. Ok, so how much more should we give? Uhh, we don't know but you aren't even beating Finland right now.
Hmm. Ok. So how many clinics has Finland been able to fund on their own?
Well none but thats not the point. The point is the US just needs to give even more.
See how this works? And around and around we go.
The self loathers just don't want to find any silver linings. They are the masters at finding lint.

I would also add being the Worlds Cop(right or wrong we are that) does NOT get tallied in terms of "giving".
That is not a line item in the budget when it comes to that.
A total aggregate of net giving versus impact versus GDI(or GDP for variances) would probably put the US at the top.

To me the intangibles away from the hard #'s is where the truth AND the impact lies.
Would you rather be able to give a homeless guy clothes you either gave to him, regifted or even got from Goodwill that he can wear ALL year long or 50.00 and not really be sure how he spends the money? Maybe he buys tolietries, maybe booze. Maybe food. You won't know.
So the "price" or # that is attached to the 50.00 check could appear to be more but in the long run it won't be as EFFECTIVE or truly meet the needs of that ONE person.
The same with the giving as it relates to GNI etc. Should we give more as a Govt? Sure. Can we afford to right now? Not really.

And without going to far into another dimension this is the flawed argument that gets all of us into trouble when it comes to healthcare and education here.
More money is not always the best solution. Effective and targeted spending is a wiser use of funds.

#48 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 03:14 PM

/end thread

WRONG

But just curious. What if Bush had said what the Iranian guy had said. Would some of you kinda leaning toward Iran guy do the same with Bush?

I ignore anything that either of them says equally. Both of them care only about themselves and their own advancement and their interests, not their country.

Would some of you kinda leaning toward Iran guy do the same with Bush?

I dont understand that.....would some of us kind of lean toward the president of Iran to do the same with Bush?????

#49 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,004 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:22 PM

WRONG

I ignore anything that either of them says equally. Both of them care only about themselves and their own advancement and their interests, not their country.

I dont understand that.....would some of us kind of lean toward the president of Iran to do the same with Bush?????

Meaning, had Bush said what the Iranian guy had said, would those that were nodding in agreement with Mr.Ineedadinnerjacket be as concillatory with W.
That is all.

#50 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:16 AM

Ok gotcha, good point. If bush had said that I would be amazed in a good way.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com