Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heels/Spartans

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Man, it looks like the young uns are starting to step up their game tonight. LDII is getting better and better too. If he can start making those 3's consistently, we might just have something.

Posted

The Heels have looked good thus far but they have another half. I'm keepin' my fingers crossed for it to be as good as the first.

Posted

Interesting. A guy that is adamantly anti-UNC anything thinks that two top 25 teams that UNC plays is over rated. I suppose next you're going to tell me how much better Wisconsin is than Michigan State.:rolleyes:

As for picking a winner, it's tough for me to say, but I think Michigan State wins by 5. Hope I'm wrong, but UNC has a long way to go yet. Home court advantage should help, but we've got to keep the turnovers down, and create some on the defensive end, which we haven't been that great at so far.

It has nothing to do with UNC playing them I think Purdue is overrated too. I am not sold on the Big Ten. I think the top of the ACC is better then the top of the Big Ten. Unc is blowing them out of the gym and they are not overrated?

Posted

Great first half by the Heels. Best half of basketball they've played all year. Everything looked so good in the first half...very few turnovers, great defense, and clicking on offense. Couldn't be happier.

Posted

Wouldn't get used to 70% from the floor, but you guys are playing well. Wine & Cheese crowd is wearing themselves out...never seen them stand up so much. This game must mean a lot!

Posted

Heels played well tonight for the most part. Good win.

Posted

You guys definitely played better tonight, congrats on the W. I sure didn't see it coming.

Howeva, Ohio St and Mich St combined to shoot 8-42 from three against you. Heels won those two games by 11 total points. Hopefully someone besides Cuse will show up to play against you this year.

Posted

You guys definitely played better tonight, congrats on the W. I sure didn't see it coming.

Howeva, Ohio St and Mich St combined to shoot 8-42 from three against you. Heels won those two games by 11 total points. Hopefully someone besides Cuse will show up to play against you this year.

Nobody else plays a zone like Syracuse, with the talent and length that Syracuse has.

Good win for the Heels. The 2nd half was a little bit shaky at times but enough to get the win. We're going to lose some games in the ACC because of poor free throw shooting though...you can mark that down.

Posted

Typical, if a team shoots poorly against duke, ya'll praise K on his strategic game plan or the "awesome" duke perimeter defense,

Team shoots bad against the Heels and in your words they didn't show up.

I've seen more teams over the years " not show up" against duke than I have the Heels.

This team has plenty of potential but some growing pains or inevitable

Posted

can u not give our def any credit for them going 8-42....i know last night i seen around 3-4 3's blocked...so if they got a hand in their face that three is not an easy shot

Posted

Come on man, you have to give Carolina's D some credit......they pretty much challenged every shot from behind the arc, and Carolina is just too big down low for Mich St. Carolina got lazy in the 2nd half with horrible passes and not handling the press that well, and that is where Mich St got back into the game and a double digit win against top 25 is not something to be frustrated about, especially when the team that won is so much younger than the team they beat.

Posted

It has nothing to do with UNC playing them I think Purdue is overrated too. I am not sold on the Big Ten. I think the top of the ACC is better then the top of the Big Ten. Unc is blowing them out of the gym and they are not overrated?

during the year I am not always sold on the big10, but post season they some how put 1-2 teams in the Final Four

This year could be the year that Big10 actually wins the challenge.....I am so hoping that BC, Miami, and Clemson win so I do not have to cheer on duke