Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heels/Spartans

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Coming from a guy who admitted he doesn't know all the details. So, yeah, I'll take his word for it.

Didn't you start a whole thread on something you read on a MESSAGE BOARD about Coach K yelling about not getting Barnes? This is said in Roys own book. The details that aren't known are about the kid saying he committed. When you don't get the guy who you thought you had i can understand the yelling. But yelling at your staff and yelling at the kid are totally different.

Anyway, UNC looked good tonight. Played great D on the outside and Larry made a nice baseline drive late when the Spartans were trying to rally. I still think the Heels and Larry are average right now but they did play better. Im not going to lie a part of me wanted them to win because my girls family is all about Ohio State and the big ten and I'm sick of hearing about it and at the time i think the Big Ten was up 3-1.

Posted

Good game by the baby Heels. Strickland really impressed me at times. LD2 is growing into a very nice pg. Davis got the ball and scored it, which is really good to see. I dont like Deon though. Way to many turnaround jumpers. I'd rather him just face up and shoot the ball. Henson also played some very good D, both inside and around the arc.

Posted

I started the post out by saying that the heels played well, so everyone can just cool down a little bit.

I'm just saying that in two of the bigger games Carolina has played this year, the other teams have been pretty bad shooting wise. Does some credit go to Caroilna's D? Yeah, definitely. But, PLENTY of those missed shots were uncontested and should have been made by major D1 players.

A kid from Gardner Webb went off for 8 or 9 threes vs the heels, and I'm pretty sure Valpo knocked down double digit threes as well. Like I said, Carolina's D has something to do with the better teams they've played shooting a low percentage, but it also has a lot to do with the other teams having cold nights.

Posted

It was a good W by the Heels. I am not surprised they won, they played very well in the first half. Everything they put up went in I think they shot close to 70% in the first half. I don't like Big Ten football or basketball and hope the ACC comes out tonight and wins every game. As far as Drew goes he had a good game but so did everbody else on that team. UNC shot close to 60% for the game they couldn't miss. I was more impressed with Strickland, the kid had 9 pts. 4 reb. 3 asst. and 2 blocks in 14 min. He also didn't commit a TO. Good win congrats.

Posted

Didn't you start a whole thread on something you read on a MESSAGE BOARD about Coach K yelling about not getting Barnes? This is said in Roys own book. The details that aren't known are about the kid saying he committed. When you don't get the guy who you thought you had i can understand the yelling. But yelling at your staff and yelling at the kid are totally different.

Anyway, UNC looked good tonight. Played great D on the outside and Larry made a nice baseline drive late when the Spartans were trying to rally. I still think the Heels and Larry are average right now but they did play better. Im not going to lie a part of me wanted them to win because my girls family is all about Ohio State and the big ten and I'm sick of hearing about it and at the time i think the Big Ten was up 3-1.

Yeah the thread said something like " If true, WOW!" I never accused him of anything.

Posted

Nobody else plays a zone like Syracuse, with the talent and length that Syracuse has.

Good win for the Heels. The 2nd half was a little bit shaky at times but enough to get the win. We're going to lose some games in the ACC because of poor free throw shooting though...you can mark that down.

People tend to forget that Syracuse is one of the better defensive teams with regard to their zone in bball...Not many play it like them. People also forget the Heels were leading at the half. UNC played bad to open the second half and as often happens with young teams, they got spanked.