29 replies to this topic

#16 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:20 PM

Great first half by the Heels. Best half of basketball they've played all year. Everything looked so good in the first half...very few turnovers, great defense, and clicking on offense. Couldn't be happier.

#17 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:39 PM

Wouldn't get used to 70% from the floor, but you guys are playing well. Wine & Cheese crowd is wearing themselves out...never seen them stand up so much. This game must mean a lot!

#18 ThaJackal

ThaJackal

Arschloch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:19 PM

Heels played well tonight for the most part. Good win.

#19 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:26 PM

You guys definitely played better tonight, congrats on the W. I sure didn't see it coming.

Howeva, Ohio St and Mich St combined to shoot 8-42 from three against you. Heels won those two games by 11 total points. Hopefully someone besides Cuse will show up to play against you this year.

#20 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:31 PM

You guys definitely played better tonight, congrats on the W. I sure didn't see it coming.

Howeva, Ohio St and Mich St combined to shoot 8-42 from three against you. Heels won those two games by 11 total points. Hopefully someone besides Cuse will show up to play against you this year.

Nobody else plays a zone like Syracuse, with the talent and length that Syracuse has.

Good win for the Heels. The 2nd half was a little bit shaky at times but enough to get the win. We're going to lose some games in the ACC because of poor free throw shooting though...you can mark that down.

#21 Cuttinedge

Cuttinedge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:47 AM

Typical, if a team shoots poorly against duke, ya'll praise K on his strategic game plan or the "awesome" duke perimeter defense,
Team shoots bad against the Heels and in your words they didn't show up.
I've seen more teams over the years " not show up" against duke than I have the Heels.
This team has plenty of potential but some growing pains or inevitable

#22 tarheelfan23

tarheelfan23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:35 AM

can u not give our def any credit for them going 8-42....i know last night i seen around 3-4 3's blocked...so if they got a hand in their face that three is not an easy shot

#23 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:38 AM

Come on man, you have to give Carolina's D some credit......they pretty much challenged every shot from behind the arc, and Carolina is just too big down low for Mich St. Carolina got lazy in the 2nd half with horrible passes and not handling the press that well, and that is where Mich St got back into the game and a double digit win against top 25 is not something to be frustrated about, especially when the team that won is so much younger than the team they beat.

#24 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:40 AM

It has nothing to do with UNC playing them I think Purdue is overrated too. I am not sold on the Big Ten. I think the top of the ACC is better then the top of the Big Ten. Unc is blowing them out of the gym and they are not overrated?

during the year I am not always sold on the big10, but post season they some how put 1-2 teams in the Final Four

This year could be the year that Big10 actually wins the challenge.....I am so hoping that BC, Miami, and Clemson win so I do not have to cheer on duke

#25 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:32 AM

Coming from a guy who admitted he doesn't know all the details. So, yeah, I'll take his word for it.

Didn't you start a whole thread on something you read on a MESSAGE BOARD about Coach K yelling about not getting Barnes? This is said in Roys own book. The details that aren't known are about the kid saying he committed. When you don't get the guy who you thought you had i can understand the yelling. But yelling at your staff and yelling at the kid are totally different.

Anyway, UNC looked good tonight. Played great D on the outside and Larry made a nice baseline drive late when the Spartans were trying to rally. I still think the Heels and Larry are average right now but they did play better. Im not going to lie a part of me wanted them to win because my girls family is all about Ohio State and the big ten and I'm sick of hearing about it and at the time i think the Big Ten was up 3-1.

#26 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:09 AM

Good game by the baby Heels. Strickland really impressed me at times. LD2 is growing into a very nice pg. Davis got the ball and scored it, which is really good to see. I dont like Deon though. Way to many turnaround jumpers. I'd rather him just face up and shoot the ball. Henson also played some very good D, both inside and around the arc.

#27 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:18 AM

I started the post out by saying that the heels played well, so everyone can just cool down a little bit.

I'm just saying that in two of the bigger games Carolina has played this year, the other teams have been pretty bad shooting wise. Does some credit go to Caroilna's D? Yeah, definitely. But, PLENTY of those missed shots were uncontested and should have been made by major D1 players.

A kid from Gardner Webb went off for 8 or 9 threes vs the heels, and I'm pretty sure Valpo knocked down double digit threes as well. Like I said, Carolina's D has something to do with the better teams they've played shooting a low percentage, but it also has a lot to do with the other teams having cold nights.

#28 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:30 AM

It was a good W by the Heels. I am not surprised they won, they played very well in the first half. Everything they put up went in I think they shot close to 70% in the first half. I don't like Big Ten football or basketball and hope the ACC comes out tonight and wins every game. As far as Drew goes he had a good game but so did everbody else on that team. UNC shot close to 60% for the game they couldn't miss. I was more impressed with Strickland, the kid had 9 pts. 4 reb. 3 asst. and 2 blocks in 14 min. He also didn't commit a TO. Good win congrats.

#29 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:42 PM

Didn't you start a whole thread on something you read on a MESSAGE BOARD about Coach K yelling about not getting Barnes? This is said in Roys own book. The details that aren't known are about the kid saying he committed. When you don't get the guy who you thought you had i can understand the yelling. But yelling at your staff and yelling at the kid are totally different.

Anyway, UNC looked good tonight. Played great D on the outside and Larry made a nice baseline drive late when the Spartans were trying to rally. I still think the Heels and Larry are average right now but they did play better. Im not going to lie a part of me wanted them to win because my girls family is all about Ohio State and the big ten and I'm sick of hearing about it and at the time i think the Big Ten was up 3-1.

Yeah the thread said something like " If true, WOW!" I never accused him of anything.

#30 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:46 PM

Nobody else plays a zone like Syracuse, with the talent and length that Syracuse has.

Good win for the Heels. The 2nd half was a little bit shaky at times but enough to get the win. We're going to lose some games in the ACC because of poor free throw shooting though...you can mark that down.

People tend to forget that Syracuse is one of the better defensive teams with regard to their zone in bball...Not many play it like them. People also forget the Heels were leading at the half. UNC played bad to open the second half and as often happens with young teams, they got spanked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.