19 replies to this topic

#16 Delhomeboy

Delhomeboy

Wage Slave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:47 AM

Tons of no calls in that Duke game last night. But I agree with whoever said Duke played Dumb.
Nolan, Scheyer and Singler each took it to the hole in a the worst way and got a horrible look.
Singler should have never went down low with about 27 secs left. It wasn't there, kick it out and recycle.

A-freakin'-MEN, man! That last shot he had, that basically lost us the game, was about the worst shot I think I've ever seen; I mean, my God, it bounced off the side of the backboard! And then we're still down by three, Wisconsin rebounds (like they were all night) Dawkins is standing at the three point line looking disgruntled (that part I made up to illustrate my point), and the game is over.

#17 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

A-freakin'-MEN, man! That last shot he had, that basically lost us the game, was about the worst shot I think I've ever seen; I mean, my God, it bounced off the side of the backboard! And then we're still down by three, Wisconsin rebounds (like they were all night) Dawkins is standing at the three point line looking disgruntled (that part I made up to illustrate my point), and the game is over.

I understand that Singler is your best player (mind you that I hate duke), but please tell me why Dawkins does not take the shot at the end of the game. He was the sole reason you guys were even competitive at the end of the game. He should have had the opportunity to win it, not that HORRIBLE shot that singler took.

#18 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:50 PM

I loved watching Illinois yesterday, Brandon Paul is a freak. Saw him play tons last year in HS, kid is gonna be special.

Once Richmond gets there next year, better watch out for them.

#19 Delhomeboy

Delhomeboy

Wage Slave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:16 PM

I understand that Singler is your best player (mind you that I hate duke), but please tell me why Dawkins does not take the shot at the end of the game. He was the sole reason you guys were even competitive at the end of the game. He should have had the opportunity to win it, not that HORRIBLE shot that singler took.

I really don't know. Honestly? I think it's the fact he's a freshman: Now, that holds SOME weight, BUT...as you said, the only reason we were in the game were his threes. For that game, at least, they might as well have banked that he would make one more.

And Singler's been disappointing me this year. He had three or so good games, then disappeared the entire NIT, THEN doesn't have the wherewithal to know that he was in an impossible position to get a good shot last night, and instead of passing the ball out, he takes "the shot." :rant:

#20 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:42 PM

I really don't know. Honestly? I think it's the fact he's a freshman: Now, that holds SOME weight, BUT...as you said, the only reason we were in the game were his threes. For that game, at least, they might as well have banked that he would make one more.

And Singler's been disappointing me this year. He had three or so good games, then disappeared the entire NIT, THEN doesn't have the wherewithal to know that he was in an impossible position to get a good shot last night, and instead of passing the ball out, he takes "the shot." :rant:

If you think Singler disappeared during the NIT, wait until the NCAA when he has no legs left. Overall he is dook's best player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com