30 replies to this topic

#1 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

“I told them we are going to practice like we are 4-3 because we could be 4-3, so let’s practice that way. Let’s not get arrogant or stretched out, because we aren’t very good right now. We have to really settle in and get better. We are playing a team that lost some players, yet their starting five is all players that played in the national title game a year ago. Ed Davis may have been one of their best, if not the best player last year. (Larry) Drew is pretty good and Marcus Ginyard is pretty good. (Will) Graves played. Now, all of the sudden, they have five McDonald’s All-Americans to play along with those guys. They aren’t playing much, but they are on the bench. They are five McDonald’s All-Americans. We are playing a team that is very talented, very big, very well coached and more experienced than us. We are not bigger, we are not more talented and we are inexperienced. The one hope we have is that they will be intimidated by Rupp Arena. But, they have played in Cameron Indoor and some other places, so they will not be intimidated by Rupp. We know what we are in for and it will be a hard game. It will be a hard game for us to win.

I like his style

#2 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:18 PM

Then he pulled John Wall over to the side and said..."you're going to beat Drew like he stole something on Saturday."

#3 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:04 PM

:lol:

#4 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:36 PM

Should be a good game. Before the Michigan State game, I was pretty convinced that UK would win this one even though they are just as young. But Cal is right, they (UK) haven't been playing lights out. They have struggled when they shouldn't have. Same thing with UNC. I still think UK pulls it out, but only because of home court advantage. Wall will get his, we'll just have to make sure he earns every last bit of it. I'm actually glad to see that UK is getting back to being good again. Should make our current series better in the future...assuming we're keeping it going, which I don't know right off hand.

#5 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:37 PM

Oh, but for future reference, Cousins may want to check his mouth at the door the next time a reporter asks him something. He's given Roy some bulletin board material.

#6 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:38 PM

UNC by 8. "Big Cuz" slices someones throat and gets arrested.

#7 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:43 PM

I was going to make a game thread, but I vote we just make this it?

Aside from the game I am very excited to see College Basketball back on CBS!!!!!!!!

Anybody know who is calling it?

#8 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:44 PM

I hope the Heels blow them out!

#9 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:47 PM

I have a very good feeling about this game.

#10 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:58 PM

I hope the Heels blow them out!

They are playing AT Rupp Arena. I seriously doubt that the Heels will be blowing anybody out on the road this year.

90-86 Cats.

Wall has a triple double and officially starts his POY campaign - 22 points, 10 assists, 10 boards, 4 steals

Cousins - 16 points 10 boards

Patterson - 20 points 7 boards

#11 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:03 PM

They are playing AT Rupp Arena. I seriously doubt that the Heels will be blowing anybody out on the road this year.

90-86 Cats.

Wall has a triple double and officially starts his POY campaign - 22 points, 10 assists, 10 boards, 4 steals

Cousins - 16 points 10 boards

Patterson - 20 points 7 boards

meh, no thanks.

#12 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:24 PM

Cousins: "I'm from Alabama, and if Alabama had done me the way Carolina did John, I'd be looking to make a statement in this game."

I don't know what "the way Carolina did John" means, but I do know it means Wall will be looking to make this game his grand entrance onto the national scene.

#13 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

Damn, do they think this game is for the NC or something? I will not shed a tear if UNC loses this game.

#14 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:56 PM

Damn, do they think this game is for the NC or something? I will not shed a tear if UNC loses this game.

I just hate UNC with every fiber of my being and have for a long time. So much so that I could never truly hate Duke. In fact, I love Coach K.

Roy is a phony piece of crap. I respect the hell out of Coach Smith, though.

#15 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:10 PM

I just hate UNC with every fiber of my being and have for a long time. So much so that I could never truly hate Duke. In fact, I love Coach K.

Roy is a phony piece of crap. I respect the hell out of Coach Smith, though.

:DI feel the same way about Calipari. Make no mistake though, I do want UNC to win, but it's just not that big of a deal unless they play in the NCAA tournament later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.