30 replies to this topic

#16 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:25 PM

Damn, do they think this game is for the NC or something? I will not shed a tear if UNC loses this game.

It's the #1 and #2 winningest teams in College basketball history. Of course it's going to be hyped up. It is a big game with historical significance and a lot of excitement built around it.

I shake my head at people who shrug off games with your reasoning. How can you be a fan of a team and not care if they win or lose??

Doesn't make sense to me... just sounds like someone who knows they're going to lose going in and want to make sure they have the caveat already out there

#17 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:42 PM

I didn't say I don't care. I just don't think it deserves this much hype this early in the season. This game is not gonna make or break either team, by any stretch.

Then again, I guess I can understand why they want to hype it for TV, because most people are still thinking more about football right now and the game is being played on a big football weekend. You can believe me or not though, I really don't care, but I have never really been able to get too emotional about college basketball until conference play starts. It's like the NFL pre season to me. Yeah, it's kind of exciting because you get to see all the new players in action, but it just don't feel like real basketball to me until ACC play starts.

#18 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:23 PM

This game could go either way. These teams are both young and inexperienced...That said, I hope the Heels beat them the way they usually do. I think that all time record against UK is 20-10.

And, Unicar...The last time Drew and Wall played each other Drew had nice numbers and the more important win.

#19 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:27 PM

Drew < Wall

Everyone knows that, even you htar

#20 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:08 PM

Drew < Wall

Everyone knows that, even you htar

Never said he was better...Said that the last time that they played, Drew played him well and Drew's team got the win.

#21 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:17 PM

High School? :lol:

#22 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:25 PM

Wall is the only one from UK I'm really concerned about. If he pulls off some crazy poo like 30 points, 10 assists, 5 steals...I'm going to go apeshit.

#23 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:50 PM

Wall or Bledsoe will be the key. If they get hot and get Patterson and Cousins involved, that could be very bad for the Heels.

#24 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:38 AM

High School? :lol:

Yeah, an AAU tournament...Wall was supposed to destroy him then and didn't. Drew is very underrated. Just because he's not Lawson or Felton doesn't mean he can't play.

And why is it that UK fans seem to be over-valuing what Wall and Patterson can do for UK but not what Deon Thompson and Ginyard can do for UNC? Those are two pretty good seniors who know how to win. And I'm not even talking about Davis (the best big man in this game).

Again, home court is an advantage for UK, but this game will be close and close games can be stolen by the visitor.

#25 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:21 PM

Yeah, an AAU tournament...Wall was supposed to destroy him then and didn't. Drew is very underrated. Just because he's not Lawson or Felton doesn't mean he can't play.

And why is it that UK fans seem to be over-valuing what Wall and Patterson can do for UK but not what Deon Thompson and Ginyard can do for UNC? Those are two pretty good seniors who know how to win. And I'm not even talking about Davis (the best big man in this game).

Again, home court is an advantage for UK, but this game will be close and close games can be stolen by the visitor.

Man you're good with your predictions. This game is real close.

#26 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:24 PM

Man you're good with your predictions. This game is real close.

Don't worry, they would house your boys to...Imagine what Wall would do to Scheyer?

#27 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:30 PM

Don't worry, they would house your boys to...Imagine what Wall would do to Scheyer?

Yeah but we will never know will we? But what we do know is he can fug up the so called greatest pg ever. Man if this was only a game a couple of years ago when they were in high school this would be close.

#28 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:34 PM

Yeah but we will never know will we? But what we do know is he can fug up the so called greatest pg ever. Man if this was only a game a couple of years ago when they were in high school this would be close.

Who's the greatest PG ever? I never claimed that about Drew, and Drew is not the reason this game is lopsided. This is a team debacle right now.

#29 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:54 PM

Good game, Carolina

#30 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:58 PM

Good game, Carolina

Congrats to your boys you deserved this game - played awesome in that first half.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.