Photo
- - - - -

So I guess all 155 that Israel killed today were all "terrorists"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
127 replies to this topic

#1 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:33 AM

glad to see our US taxes and military equipment at work.... They opened the border up yesterday just to slaughter these people.... let me guess, they were all terrorists or they were hiding with innocent people, those are the two usual excuses for these atrocities. These acts are no better than the suicide bombers who take out innocent people in a crowded venue.

http://www.cnn.com/2...ikes/index.html

#2 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,026 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:41 AM

Perhaps Hamas should stop firing rockets at the Israelis. Novel concept I know, but if you are the little guy, its probably not a good idea to keep antagonizing the big guy.

Its amazing the Israelis waited as long and showed as much restraint as they did. If Mexico started lobbing rockets at the US demanding we give back New Mexico, I seriously doubt we would wait as long or show as much restraint.

#3 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:43 AM

Perhaps Hamas should stop firing rockets at the Israelis. Novel concept I know, but if you are the little guy, its probably not a good idea to keep antagonizing the big guy.

Its amazing the Israelis waited as long and showed as much restraint as they did. If Mexico started lobbing rockets at the US demanding we give back New Mexico, I seriously doubt we would wait as long or show as much restraint.

Ah yes... Israel the lenient and merciful.... perhaps if you don't cut off food supply and basic medical needs then Hamas would not lobby rockets.... Animals have been treated better then the people of Gaza....

#4 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:43 AM

The Hamas military wing issued a statement saying it had fired a rocket toward the Israeli city of Askelon, and Israeli sources confirmed one Israeli was killed and two hurt when the rocket made a direct hit on a house.

Isreal should just sit there and let Hamas fire rockets into the country and take it?

#5 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:45 AM

Isreal should just sit there and let Hamas fire rockets into the country and take it?

so you kill a roach with a hammer.... got it

#6 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:46 AM

If someone invaded and took over NC and the citizens there continued to fight the occupiers for decade after decade, we'd consider them heroes.

I'm no fan of either side in this case.

#7 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:47 AM

And the Palestinians in Gaza should sit without food, basic medical needs and everything else we take for granted until Israel the merciful allows them.... I guess that never makes it to the mainstream media

#8 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,026 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:49 AM

And the Palestinians in Gaza should sit without food, basic medical needs and everything else we take for granted until Israel the merciful allows them.... I guess that never makes it to the mainstream media

Lobbing rockets into Israel is not the way to get those things.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 27 December 2008 - 09:51 AM.

#9 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:51 AM

If someone invaded and took over NC and the citizens there continued to fight the occupiers for decade after decade, we'd consider them heroes.

I'm no fan of either side in this case.

I'm not Palestinian and I have a huge disdain for their leadership and organizations like Hamas.... but at the same time I get sick of how Israel looks merciful and that this was their only option..... If a Palestinian today took out 155 in a suicide attack it would be all over the news and tanks would be inside Gaza in minutes to bulldoze an already destitute place. But since these are second rate people it will be brushed off and forgotten about before the news day ends.

#10 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:53 AM

Lobbign rockets into Israel is not the way to get those things.

you're right, sending a happy holidays card will get hospitals basic IV bags, surgical equipment.... Sending a best wishes card gets the people basic nutritional requirements.

http://www.presstv.i...ionid=351020202

This could have all been avoided had the stupid Palestinians sent a happy hanukkah card.

#11 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:53 AM

There is a definite bias towards Israel in American media, I don't think anyone in their right mind can deny that.

I don't think it's anywhere near as malicious as many in the Arab community believe.

#12 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,026 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:58 AM

There is a definite bias towards Israel in American media, I don't think anyone in their right mind can deny that.

I don't think it's anywhere near as malicious as many in the Arab community believe.

I don't know if I agree. I think Israeli attacks on Gaza get far more press than Hamas attacks on Israel. Thats primarily because Israeli attacks are usually greater in scale than Hamas attacks due to the relative ability of the two attackers.

Of course, I usually only listen to NPR, and they tend to favor Hamas more than Israel.

#13 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,026 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:01 AM

you're right, sending a happy holidays card will get hospitals basic IV bags, surgical equipment.... Sending a best wishes card gets the people basic nutritional requirements.

http://www.presstv.i...ionid=351020202

This could have all been avoided had the stupid Palestinians sent a happy hanukkah card.

http://news.xinhuane...nt_10565285.htm

Since November, Israel has tightened the siege of Gaza to pressure Hamas militants into stopping their rocket attacks on the Jewish state.

Over 20 mortar shells were fired overnight till Friday morning, adding to nearly a dozen rockets on Thursday, a day after some 70 rockets and mortar shells rained down on the Israeli side of the border and an retaliatory Israeli airstrike killed a Hamas gunman in southern Gaza.

In what seemed to be a last-ditch appeal before the widely speculated operation, Israeli caretaker Prime Minister Ehud Olmert on Thursday called directly on Gazans to stop Hamas, which he dubbed the common enemy of both Israelis and Gazans, from disturbing the life on both sides of the border.

The West Bank doesn't seem to be having the same issues as Gaza does. Could have something to do with them not firing rockets into Israel.

#14 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:03 AM

NPR is an oasis of sanity.

The one thing I'll say is as long as people who are born, live and die within Israel's borders are not considered Israeli and don't even have a country of their own, there will be trouble and bloodshed.

#15 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:04 AM

24 more days, change is acomin'!

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com