Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

charlottenian

So I guess all 155 that Israel killed today were all "terrorists"

128 posts in this topic

you're right, sending a happy holidays card will get hospitals basic IV bags, surgical equipment.... Sending a best wishes card gets the people basic nutritional requirements.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=75345&sectionid=351020202

This could have all been avoided had the stupid Palestinians sent a happy hanukkah card.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-12/27/content_10565285.htm

Since November, Israel has tightened the siege of Gaza to pressure Hamas militants into stopping their rocket attacks on the Jewish state.

Over 20 mortar shells were fired overnight till Friday morning, adding to nearly a dozen rockets on Thursday, a day after some 70 rockets and mortar shells rained down on the Israeli side of the border and an retaliatory Israeli airstrike killed a Hamas gunman in southern Gaza.

In what seemed to be a last-ditch appeal before the widely speculated operation, Israeli caretaker Prime Minister Ehud Olmert on Thursday called directly on Gazans to stop Hamas, which he dubbed the common enemy of both Israelis and Gazans, from disturbing the life on both sides of the border.

The West Bank doesn't seem to be having the same issues as Gaza does. Could have something to do with them not firing rockets into Israel.

NPR is an oasis of sanity.

The one thing I'll say is as long as people who are born, live and die within Israel's borders are not considered Israeli and don't even have a country of their own, there will be trouble and bloodshed.

24 more days, change is acomin'!

NPR is an oasis of sanity.

The one thing I'll say is as long as people who are born, live and die within Israel's borders are not considered Israeli and don't even have a country of their own, there will be trouble and bloodshed.

I do agree with that the Israelis should change their constitution to make all citizens equal.

FWIW, I think gaza should became a seperate nation as should the West Bank. They would probably get that if they just go ahead and recognize Israel's right to exist.

24 more days, change is acomin'!

So will Obama take Air Force One to Gaza, or will he just walk across the Atlantic? :)

Its amazing the Israelis waited as long and showed as much restraint as they did. If Mexico started lobbing rockets at the US demanding we give back New Mexico, I seriously doubt we would wait as long or show as much restraint.

Logical perspective never works.

I do agree with that the Israelis should change their constitution to make all citizens equal.

FWIW, I think gaza should became a seperate nation as should the West Bank. They would probably get that if they just go ahead and recognize Israel's right to exist.

Problem is someone has to blink first.

I really hate Arafat for screwing this up. But in reading this thread, it heartens me that only one or two Neanderthals here don't seem to get the complexity of the situation. A few years ago, it would have been "Israel is good, Arabs are bad, and they deserve what they get". So we are making progress...

If someone invaded and took over NC and the citizens there continued to fight the occupiers for decade after decade, we'd consider them heroes.

I'm no fan of either side in this case.

Understand your point, but I'll take the side that yearns for progress.

So will Obama take Air Force One to Gaza, or will he just walk across the Atlantic? :)

He's going to write down another prayer on a piece of paper and leave it in the wall in a totally unscripted move. (wink wink)

Israel seems to only respond with *** for tat strikes and are never the starting aggressor. They just seem to be like a hornets nest, hit it and they all start coming after you.

They need to show restraint though, I dont understand completely why they pulled out all stops. Hamas needs to be dealt with but I dont know if this response was the right one, like the invasion of Lebannon.

Problem is someone has to blink first.

True enough, but I think it will only work if Hamas does the blinking and I am not sure if they have enough control to do so. Israel has a real military with a chain of command that follow's orders. If a ceasefire comes down from the top, it is generally obeyed. I am not so sure that is the case with Hamas. Sometimes I wonder how much control they really have over their own people. If one hot head launches a rocket on his own, then that could end any ceasefire.