Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I guess all 155 that Israel killed today were all "terrorists"

128 posts in this topic

Posted

fun reminder for anyone that would ever think of defending israel that they've basically turned bethlehem into a ghetto

'the Palestinians are being treated like scum by the Israeli guards. Bethlehem resembles a ghetto where the local population is not permitted by the Israeli authorities to leave by the main roads. Illegal though it is by United Nations Charter and the International Bill of Human Rights, this is occupied territory, and it is a very hostile occupation. The distance from Bethlehem to Jerusalem is some 10km, but Palestinians must take a 26km secondary dirt road passing through Israeli checkpoints which are often closed with no warning or explanation. Palestinians in the West Bank are not permitted to enter Jerusalem without a date- and time-limited pass from the Israeli Defence Force (IDF) - more often than not refused. This has made the operation of the small but very courageous Bethlehem University very difficult.'

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2008/1224/1229728523404.html

Posted

fun reminder for anyone that would ever think of defending israel that they've basically turned bethlehem into a ghetto

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2008/1224/1229728523404.html

The Israelis are hardly solely responsible for the problems in the West Bank.

Exodus of Christians from Bethlehem

According to Victor Batarseh, the Christian mayor of Bethlehem, the proportion of Christians here has slumped from 92 per cent in 1948 to 40 per cent. "It is a sad fact, but it remains a fact, that a lot of Christians are leaving," he says. One charge is that Muslims have been taking over Christian lands with the Palestinian authorities turning a blind eye.

Bethlehem has also been badly affected by Israel's separation barrier causing widespread economic hardship among both Muslims and Christians. Yusuf Nassir 57, is looking for a way to emigrate. "The problem is that we are a minority and minorities always suffer in times like these. My house was attacked [by Muslims] over nothing. There was a dispute between a Muslim and a Christian boy, this turned into a communal fight and then around 70 men turned on us. My sister got injured. She said to me 'you must leave for the safety of your family', but finding the money is not easy," he says. "I have also had Israeli soldiers fire at me, once when I was driving a car. The bullet missed me by about 25 centimeters.

"But it is the wall which has destroyed my business. I now owe $120,000 in back rent. I have had to sack staff, and other businesses around here have had to do the same. This just adds to the unemployment and social problems here."

Posted

oh i never thought of it that way

okay IDF, proceed with bombing campaigns while children are leaving school

Posted

but really you have to hand it to israel because they've got the best public relations strategy in the world.

*bombs a school

*reminds people of the holocaust

*sends the jdl against anyone that brings up their blatant UN and human rights violations

Posted

lol jesus

usaid_chart_small.gif

prisoners_chart.gif

children_by_year-lg.gif

Posted

Israel has made deal after deal with these disshonorable people, and these terrorist always break them. Hell yea, kill therm all. That is just less the US will have to deal with later.

Posted

Understand your point, but I'll take the side that yearns for progress.

And peace.

Posted

Israel has offered solutions but at the same time completely annihilates anything that it see's fit to....Palestinians want everything their way and doesnt want the jews around....there lies the delema. Israel is half the problem, but the lesser of two evils, so I would rather defend Israel than a people that allows terrorism to be the defining factor of their wannabe country.

Palestine acknowledge the right of israel to exist. Israel acknowledge the right to a palestinian state. Hamas/Hezbollah stfu become a political orgs. that devote themselves to the advancement of the palestinian people.

Posted

Israel has made deal after deal with these disshonorable people, and these terrorist always break them. Hell yea, kill therm all. That is just less the US will have to deal with later.

WELL SAID!!!! Can't wait till they annoint you as the national security advisor!

Posted

Let's take this process to the most logical conclusion for the libs...Israel pulls back to pre-67 borders, cuts a vast majority of it's military capability in good faith to the Arabs...What happens to Israel? Do any of you honestly believe any good will come for Israel if it ever complies with terrorist demands?

Posted

Terrorists are the good guys, didn't you know that?

Posted

Who said israel needs to cut back their military or pull back to pre60s borders? Im a lib/dem/pussy/commie wtf ever you want to call me, and I back Israel 100% doesnt mean we cant disagree with them over their handling of somethings. Just like its not unpatriotic to disagree with how our own country runs things.