127 replies to this topic

#31 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:31 PM

Understand your point, but I'll take the side that yearns for progress.

And peace.

#32 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 03:06 PM

Israel has offered solutions but at the same time completely annihilates anything that it see's fit to....Palestinians want everything their way and doesnt want the jews around....there lies the delema. Israel is half the problem, but the lesser of two evils, so I would rather defend Israel than a people that allows terrorism to be the defining factor of their wannabe country.

Palestine acknowledge the right of israel to exist. Israel acknowledge the right to a palestinian state. Hamas/Hezbollah stfu become a political orgs. that devote themselves to the advancement of the palestinian people.

#33 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:44 PM

Israel has made deal after deal with these disshonorable people, and these terrorist always break them. Hell yea, kill therm all. That is just less the US will have to deal with later.

WELL SAID!!!! Can't wait till they annoint you as the national security advisor!

#34 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:14 PM

Let's take this process to the most logical conclusion for the libs...Israel pulls back to pre-67 borders, cuts a vast majority of it's military capability in good faith to the Arabs...What happens to Israel? Do any of you honestly believe any good will come for Israel if it ever complies with terrorist demands?

#35 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,211 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:23 PM

Terrorists are the good guys, didn't you know that?

#36 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

Who said israel needs to cut back their military or pull back to pre60s borders? Im a lib/dem/pussy/commie wtf ever you want to call me, and I back Israel 100% doesnt mean we cant disagree with them over their handling of somethings. Just like its not unpatriotic to disagree with how our own country runs things.

#37 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 07:40 PM

[quote name='bredy087'] Im a lib/dem/pussy/commie wtf ever you want to call me, and I back Israel 100% doesnt mean we cant disagree with them over their handling of somethings. QUOTE]

When will the "lib/dem/pussy/commie s" ever get the message. The only way to stop this is to kill them all. Hey I will compromise, lets just get killing them faster than they multiply. They say they want to die anyway. Let's get it done.

#38 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 07:47 PM

glad to see our US taxes and military equipment at work.... They opened the border up yesterday just to slaughter these people.... let me guess, they were all terrorists or they were hiding with innocent people, those are the two usual excuses for these atrocities. These acts are no better than the suicide bombers who take out innocent people in a crowded venue.

http://www.cnn.com/2...ikes/index.html

The fact is, they hide amongst innocent citizens just to get YOUR sympathy when we go after them. It bears on YOUR intelligence , that you fall for that old trick.

#39 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 07:57 PM

When will the "lib/dem/pussy/commie s" ever get the message. The only way to stop this is to kill them all. Hey I will compromise, lets just get killing them faster than they multiply. They say they want to die anyway. Let's get it done.

I can tell you would have supported the holocaust had you been a Nazi.....

#40 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:40 PM

I can tell you would have supported the holocaust had you been a Nazi.....

Pretty ironic considering these people hate the Jewish more that they hate the USA. Makes your comment kind of dumb, no?

#41 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:07 PM

lol jesus

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Believe me, I will check out this outfit and expose them to the Huddle. Problem I see here is you dumb young ass fugs believe any BS you come across in the media. I will get back to you on this ifamericaknew anti whacos.

#42 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,974 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:00 PM

good luck with that speed. their data came from non profits and .gov websites.

oh yeah, for anyone who thinks "fug the israeli's are trying to help what's wrong with these damn palestinians," keep in mind Israel has basically been trying to starve the entire society to death.

No other diesel fuel (for standby generators and transport) was delivered during that week, no petrol (which has been kept out since early November) or cooking gas. Gaza’s hospitals are apparently relying on diesel and gas smuggled from Egypt via the tunnels; these supplies are said to be administered and taxed by Hamas. Even so, two of Gaza’s hospitals have been out of cooking gas since the week of 23 November.

On 5 November the Israeli government sealed all the ways into and out of Gaza. Food, medicine, fuel, parts for water and sanitation systems, fertiliser, plastic sheeting, phones, paper, glue, shoes and even teacups are no longer getting through in sufficient quantities or at all. According to Oxfam only 137 trucks of food were allowed into Gaza in November. This means that an average of 4.6 trucks per day entered the strip compared to an average of 123 in October this year and 564 in December 2005. The two main food providers in Gaza are the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) and the World Food Programme (WFP). UNRWA alone feeds approximately 750,000 people in Gaza, and requires 15 trucks of food daily to do so. Between 5 November and 30 November, only 23 trucks arrived, around 6 per cent of the total needed; during the week of 30 November it received 12 trucks, or 11 per cent of what was required. There were three days in November when UNRWA ran out of food, with the result that on each of these days 20,000 people were unable to receive their scheduled supply. According to John Ging, the director of UNRWA in Gaza, most of the people who get food aid are entirely dependent on it. On 18 December UNRWA suspended all food distribution for both emergency and regular programmes because of the blockade.

The World Bank has warned that Gaza’s banking system could collapse if these restrictions continue. All cash for work programmes has been stopped and on 19 November UNRWA suspended its cash assistance programme to the most needy. It also ceased production of textbooks because there is no paper, ink or glue in Gaza. This will affect 200,000 students returning to school in the new year. On 11 December, the Israeli defence minister, Ehud Barak, sent $25 million following an appeal from the Palestinian prime minister, Salaam Fayad, the first infusion of its kind since October. It won’t even cover a month’s salary for Gaza’s 77,000 civil servants.

http://www.normanfin...p?pg=11&ar=2252

#43 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,196 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:49 PM

This an excerpt from an interview. I will remove the names for the focus to be on the context and not the persons talking. Also to not have any subjective reasoning added to the mix. This is typically the practice of what hypnotists will do. In order to get to the conclusion they want they use subjective reasoning to "guide" the person who is under to the answers the medium wants. Another one of my fun confirmation biases.

Interviewer: Let me ask you about Israel and the Palestinians. Certainly you’ve covered this issue for a very long time. Since the outbreak of the second intifada in the fall of 2000, you’ve laid most of the blame for the breakdown of the peace process on the Palestinians. You said the Palestinian leadership has chosen violence instead of accepting the generous Israeli peace offer at Camp David in July 2000 and the months after. But Palestinians have long maintained that Israel has never offered them anything beyond a Bantu stand state carved up by the large Israeli settlement blocks. In fact, on Democracy Now!, we had the former Israeli Foreign Minister, Shlomo Ben-Ami, and he said that if he were a Palestinian, he would have rejected the offer his government offered Arafat at Camp David. Your response to this, and what do you say to Palestinians who say they can’t accept a peace deal that would leave tens of thousands of settlers deep in their territory?

Interviewee: A very legitimate question. Again, if you read my columns on this all the way through, the argument I basically had been making was this: I understood why Yasser Arafat did not accept the Camp David offer, because my position, which has always been for a two-state solution along the 67 lines. I understood why Palestinians would say it’s very nice of you, Mr. Barak, to offer us 90, but we believe we’re entitled to 100. That’s what Sadat got. That’s what we believe we’re entitled to. I totally get that. That is absolutely a defensible position. But here’s what’s indefensible: what’s indefensible is in response to a 90% offer instead of 100% offer you go on a rampage of suicide bombing and intifada rather than saying, to Barak, Arafat could have said to Barak, “You know Mr. Barak, that offer, it’s part the way there. I’m glad to see you’ve moved from 50% to 90% but you’re still short. But here’s what I want to do: I want to go around and convince every Israeli why it’s in their fundamental interest, now that you’ve gone to 90, to go from 90 to 100. I want to make that argument directly to the Israeli people.” That is not what Yasser Arafat, what he launched instead was a violent intifada. That is what I found inexcusable.

Interviewer: I thought what Yasser Arafat said was he wanted U.N. 242, complete withdrawal.

Interviewee: What Yasser Arafat did was launch an intifada.

Interviewer: Let me ask you about a comment you made in April 1988 in an interview with the Israeli press. You were talking about what Israel should do with the Occupied Territories. And you said Israel should hand over control to a client Palestinian proxy force. You explain this by saying, “I believe that as soon as Ahmed has a seat on the bus, he will limit his demand.” MIT professor Noam Chomsky later reprinted the statement in his articles and books, calling your comments racist. How do you respond?

Interviewee: I have no—if I have said that in 1988, 20 years ago, I would have absolutely no recollection of saying that or what the context was. But if he said I said that, then I said that. I’ve said a million things differently since. And if you want to go back and check every quote Noam Chomsky has made over the last 30 years and pluck out one from 1988 and throw it in his face, go ahead.

Interviewee: So you’re saying you’re sorry you said that?

Interviewee: My hundred thousand words since then have been very, very clear. Before then and after then I have no idea what the context is you’re talking about. 100,000 words since then have been very clear. I’m for a two-state solution.

Interviewer: Last July you wrote a controversial column calling on the state department to monitor and publicly identify excuse makers and hate mongers.

Interviewee: Yes.

Interviewer: You wrote, “After every major terrorist incident the excuse makers come out to tell us why imperialism, Zionism, colonialism or Iraq explains why the terrorists acted. These excuse makers are just one notch less despicable than the terrorists and also deserve to be exposed. Every quarter the State Department should identify the top 10 hate mongers, excuse makers and truth tellers in the world.” That’s your quote.

Interviewee: Absolutely. I believe that.

Interviewer: To make an enemy’s list, the state department—

Interviewee: People who make excuses for terrorism should be exposed and identified. I also use my own pen to expose and identify people in Israel who explore hate mongering as well toward Palestinians, among the settlers. I’ve been probably one of their biggest critics and enemies in The New York Times referring to them as fanatics and lunatics.

Interviewer: For people who say we have to understand why others in the world are angry, do you think they belong on the State Department list?

Interviewee: Understanding why people are angry and understanding why people tell you that 9/11 happened, and no Jews were in the twin towers at that time because they were all warned ahead of time. So, let’s be clear about what I was saying. I was very focused on people who want to justify the murder of innocent women and children, innocent civilians, and I very much believed then and I very much believe now that they should be exposed. I think Jewish hate mongers should be exposed as well as I believe I made clear in that column, too.

Hope this frames things a little bit more and fleshes some things out.

#44 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,642 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:54 PM

good luck with that speed. their data came from non profits and .gov websites.

oh yeah, for anyone who thinks "f*ck the israeli's are trying to help what's wrong with these damn palestinians," keep in mind Israel has basically been trying to starve the entire society to death.

http://www.normanfin...p?pg=11&ar=2252

If the Israelis are intentionally trying to starve them, then they are doing a bad job at it. Here is something from a site with a bit less bias.

From 26 dec

Israel is sending food into the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip while threatening an invasion. But Hamas is not backing down.

Israel reopened border crossings and sent basic food and supplies into Gaza. The army said 90 trucks crossed the border carrying rice, flour, fuel and medicine. The border crossings have been closed since a six-month Gaza cease-fire expired a week ago. Since then, Palestinian militants have bombarded southern Israel with dozens of rockets and mortar shells.

The crossings were opened a day after Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert threatened to invade Gaza, which is ruled by the Islamic militant group Hamas. Olmert issued the threat in a rare interview on al-Arabiya television, which broadcasts to the Arab world.

"We have enormous power, we can do things which will be devastating," he said. "And I keep restraining myself and I keep restraining my friends all the time and I tell them, 'Let's wait, let's wait, let's wait. Let's give them another chance.'"

But with rockets and mortars terrorizing southern Israeli towns and farming communities, Mr. Olmert has come under increasing pressure to act against Hamas, a group that refuses to renounce violence or recognize Israel. The prime minister says he is running out of patience.

"And I'm telling them now, 'It may be the last minute.' I'm telling them, 'Stop it, we are stronger. There will be more blood there.' Who wants it? We don't want it," he said.

Israel is reluctant to invade Gaza, fearing high casualties among Israeli soldiers and Palestinian civilians, and in turn, international condemnation.

That could be why Hamas seems unfazed by the Israeli threats.

Hamas spokesman Ismail Radwan said Gaza's ground is not covered with fragrant flowers, but with men and women suicide bombers. He said Israel would not dare invade Gaza because it knows it would pay a heavy price.

From 11 Nov

11/03/2008 18:45 TEL AVIV, March 11 (RIA Novosti) - Palestinian militants have launched a rocket at a city in the south of Israel, breaking a tacit ceasefire agreement, the Israeli army said on Tuesday.

The rocket landed in an open area in Ashkelon, Israel's southernmost city, with a population of 120,000. No casualties have been reported so far.

The attack on the city was the first rocket launch from Gaza on Israel since Sunday, and although Israeli military officials did not comment on whether or not they would now undertake retaliatory action, the development offered little hope for the current informal ceasefire.

Israel ended a devastating military operation in Gaza eight days ago, and Egypt, responding to U.S. pressure, has been intensifying efforts to mediate between the Israelis and Hamas.

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert had visited Ashkelon shortly before the rocket was launched.

Responsibility for the rocket attack was claimed by the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, a small leftist militant group, but Israel held Hamas directly responsible.

"Hamas controls Gaza and they are responsible for every missile fired from Gaza into Israel," said government spokesman Mark Regev, going on to accuse Hamas of having an "extreme, violent and hateful" agenda.

Militants have launched around 20 Katyusha-type Grad rockets on Ashkelon since late February. The Russian-made rockets are more powerful and have a longer range than the more commonly used Qassam rockets

More than 120 Palestinians, many of them women and children, were killed last week in Israeli military operations in Gaza. The operation came as a response to rocket attacks from the enclave, which has been controlled by Hamas since a bloody conflict with the moderate pro-presidential group Fatah last June.

Last Thursday, in another round of the seemingly unstoppable ***-for-tat killings that have thwarted attempts to move toward a peace deal between Israel and the Palestinian territories, a Palestinian gunman shot eight students dead in the library of a Jewish seminary in Jerusalem before himself being gunned down. The killings were the worst terrorist attack the city had seen in four years

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 28 December 2008 - 12:10 AM.

#45 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,642 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:27 AM

Don't get me wrong, the Israelis have certainly made there share of mistakes. But the reality of the situation is that the ball is most assuredly in Hamas's court. If they renounce the rocket attacks and the other violent acts committed against Israel, then Israel will likely start to slowly change its treatment of Gaza and the West Bank. Even if they don't want to, they will be under tremendous international pressure to do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com