Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Hate Firing People

43 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

There's only one boss, don't make the meeting into a committee to validate your decision.

Resist the urge to rationalize your decision with a group of employees or singly and keep comments about the termination consistent and minimal. Stay focused on moving ahead, looking back shows weakness.

no i do all firings in my office with closed doors and have them leave immediately...today having a meeting with my new exec to go over new rules, talk about working together and getting things done to get through this economy.

Posted · Report post

lots of bigger company just hire a new person, then heads roll. thats my advice. if it affects you bad enough, get someone else to do the firing. its much harder if you know the person and the effect on their family.

Posted · Report post

lots of bigger company just hire a new person, then heads roll. thats my advice. if it affects you bad enough, get someone else to do the firing. its much harder if you know the person and the effect on their family.

lol im trying to cut costs not add them..but thanks for the advice..the firings are over for now..

Posted · Report post

And the firing will be continued after Christmas................sigh....

Posted · Report post

All very good advice.

Sucks having to let folks go this time of year but like someone posted, you didn't fire the person, she pretty much got herself let go.

My suggestion is to outsource the "downsizing" with these guys...

Posted · Report post

lol i would definitely...hehe....gotta fire my front office manager...she isnt a bad manager but top brass AKA my father and his partners want to get rid of her and inject new life into the front desk with a new manager. SO more like a switcharoo this time!

Posted · Report post

lol i would definitely...hehe....gotta fire my front office manager...she isnt a bad manager but top brass AKA my father and his partners want to get rid of her and inject new life into the front desk with a new manager. SO more like a switcharoo this time!

Well, at least this ones not on you even though you have to do it...

Do you hire new female employees based on the quality of their ass? :D

Posted · Report post

Well, at least this ones not on you even though you have to do it...

Do you hire new female employees based on the quality of their ass? :D

If hot women worked in the hotel industry I def would be much richer...instead I have to hire an old lesbian...(not hot) mind you...but shes good at what she does :ihih:

Posted · Report post

If hot women worked in the hotel industry I def would be much richer...instead I have to hire an old lesbian...(not hot) mind you...but shes good at what she does :ihih:

So you don't get to do much "ass inspection" at work huh?

Posted · Report post

They do realize that if they just get rid of the GM position, the hotel would run itself?

Posted · Report post

So you don't get to do much "ass inspection" at work huh?

no...and that might be a good thing

They do realize that if they just get rid of the GM position, the hotel would run itself?

ummm who asked you?

Posted · Report post

Well, it just seems that if your "Daddy" wanted to save some money, he'd get rid of someone who obviously does no work.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments