Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Beatles

59 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Beatles = Best pop band ever

Posted · Report post

And Zeppelin = Best Blues cover band ever

Posted · Report post

Led was simply a band who discovered distortion and Muddy Waters about the same time. I like Zepplin. I really do.

But they are not in the same stratosphere as the Beatles.

Look at the Beatles as individuals. Paul, John and George, ALONE, are amazing singer songwriters. Not only that, but EACH were commercially successful. Ringo had a couple of hits but hey that's Ringo.

Now, add them all together and you have simply the most influential band of the last century and proly this one.

The things they did along with Sir George Martin will be studied and looked up for eons.

They were so good they relased an album with...NO NAME..

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. The rerecordings of their songs are just crazy endless.

Simply no contest.

I disagree completely, but you have your opinion and I have mine.

Posted · Report post

all of you Fail...

Posted · Report post

Led was simply a band who discovered distortion and Muddy Waters about the same time. I like Zepplin. I really do.

But they are not in the same stratosphere as the Beatles.

Look at the Beatles as individuals. Paul, John and George, ALONE, are amazing singer songwriters. Not only that, but EACH were commercially successful. Ringo had a couple of hits but hey that's Ringo.

Now, add them all together and you have simply the most influential band of the last century and proly this one.

The things they did along with Sir George Martin will be studied and looked up for eons.

They were so good they relased an album with...NO NAME..

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. The rerecordings of their songs are just crazy endless.

Simply no contest.

Add in Tolkien and hobby black magic and you're spot on. I love LZ, love them but I do see them for what they were/are.

Hell, one of the highlights of my concert watchin' days was seeing Jimmy play with the Black Crowes.

And the Beatles completely revolutionized pop music, from construction to conception and everything in between. If you don't like them, you have to at least respect them.

And George Harrison still gets the shaft today sadly.

Posted · Report post

And Zeppelin = Best Blues cover band ever

I'll take blues over bubblegum any day...

Posted · Report post

Add in Tolkien and hobby black magic and you're spot on. I love LZ, love them but I do see them for what they were/are.

Hell, one of the highlights of my concert watchin' days was seeing Jimmy play with the Black Crowes.

And the Beatles completely revolutionized pop music, from construction to conception and everything in between. If you don't like them, you have to at least respect them.

And George Harrison still gets the shaft today sadly.

I don't really like the Black Crowes, but i saw this too in Raleigh because i figured it was the closest thing to seeing LZ live and it was awesome. BC did a great job. One of the best shows I've seen.

Posted · Report post

I just spent two weeks writing my 20-page final about my favorite band and listening to them nonstop. And I'm sorry but if you don't like The Beatles then you can piss off.

That is all.

Damn, what is your major?

By the way..... the new DirecTV commercial is even more evidence that Elvis Pressley is the most over rated musician EVER. Man he sucks.

Posted · Report post

I'll take blues over bubblegum any day...

Again, cover band.

Howlin Wolf, Muddy Waters, Lonnie Johnson, Albert King, Jimmy Reed ... that's blues.

Zep were extremely talented but not innovative.

Posted · Report post

Again, cover band.

First off, they didn't play note for note covers...they took ideas and in just about every case created a better song. That Spirit song they supposedly ripped off for Stairway to Heaven is laughable. It has about 6 or 7 notes in common, and that's it. Why is it that LZ's "covers" are so widely known and loved over the originals? That's generally not the case as covers go. How good could the "originals" be if just about no one has ever heard them?

Page re-made a traditional English folk song and should apologize for it? Really? Ever heard of Whiskey in the Jar (a traditional Irish folk song)? Arguably Thin Lizzy's most well-known song. Did they have to apologize for it? Nope...and I don't think Bert Jansch apologized for his “Blackwaterside” cover of the same English folk song Page recorded as Black Mountain Side.

When the topic is LZ, it's called plagiarism....change the artist to Kid Rock or any number of rappers and it's just "sampling"...which is somehow considered a different "art form".

I like both the Beatles and LZ, but given the choice, I'll listen to LZ every time because they are rock and the Beatles are pop. If you're impressed with record sales, #1 on the charts and prefer nicely formulated songs to fit a radio playlist, the Beatles are your band.

Oh, but the Beatles put out an album without a name on it. BFD, so did led zeppelin. What's that prove? Word of mouth drives sales? No poo. Someone should tell the record companies!

Posted · Report post

Beatles >>>>>>>Led Zeppelin