Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Beatles

59 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The Beatles are without a doubt, and without dispute, the greatest band ever.

It seems like people who think otherwise don't seem to grasp that there's a difference between overrated and a band that is just so genuinely good that it has a reason to be so widely loved for going on four generations.

Posted · Report post

Fall out Boy....now thats overated.. Panic at the Disco! is soooo much better.

Posted · Report post

My English friend was telling me he thought that the greatest band on the planet was the boys from Liverpool....the Pet Shop Boys

and he was not really kidding.

Really, you have to be a total non-western mode of thinking person to not think that the Beatles are by far the most influential music makers of all time, even though half of them are still alive. They really changed the way the world looked at popular music. Elvis opened up rock and roll to a lot of people who would not have become familiar with it otherwise, but the Beatles took pop music from what was a mostly insipid, empty form of product (Pat Boone, Paul Anka, etc.) and gave it social relevance and a far more interesting soundscape. To a certain extent, they were a product of their times, but so was Hermans Hermits. To a much greater extent, the times were a product of them, and there's not a lot of people you can say that about in history.

Posted · Report post

It seems like people who think otherwise don't seem to grasp that there's a difference between overrated and a band that is just so genuinely good that it has a reason to be so widely loved for going on four generations.

the beatles clearly are the only band that can make this claim :rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

What other band that has been around since the early 60s or before can make this claim as well?

Hell, the Who and the Stones have been making music since then, and the Beatles broke up in 1970, but they didn't just come out with Rock Band: The Who and a remastered Who box set to incredible sales.

Posted · Report post

Kids are playing a video game about a band that broke up before their parents were born.

Posted · Report post

How about Nickleback?

Posted · Report post

Know who was one of the lead developers on that game?

Posted · Report post

the beatles clearly are the only band that can make this claim :rolleyes:

You're refuting a statement I didn't make. I never said they were the only band that could make that claim. I said they aren't overrated. It's not a coincidence that 40 years after they broke up their music is still relevant.

Posted · Report post

How about Nickleback?

only the fact that it is almost Christmas saves you from being banned right now

Posted · Report post

Know who was one of the lead developers on that game?

Someone who will get me a free copy for the great publicity i just gave it?

Posted · Report post

The Beatles were great, but I agree with whoever said they were a pop band. Shouldn't take anything away from their songwriting skills though. I grew up listening to The Beatles almost everyday...my dad was a Beatles freak. So I know every song they've ever made by heart. But if I had to choose between listening to The Beatles or Led Zepplin...I'm going with Led Zepplin everytime. And guess what? I couldn't care less if they ripped off all their poo. Another great influential band that probably won't get the true props they deserve are Black Sabbath.

Speaking of Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, The Rolling Stones and The Beatles...why the fug are all the GREAT rock bands English??? Other than Gun N' Roses and maybe Metallica...I don't think there are any bands from the US that are on the same level as the aforementioned bands. And I didn't even mention Queen, who I think are another GREAT band.