• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:44 PM

Besides the big box stores, gimme a few good places for bathroom stuff (toilets, showers/tubs, shower doors, etc.). Places with a decent selection. Srsly, like now. Preferably in the SoPa/Myer's Park/Dilwo areas...

#2 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,252 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:45 PM

I always go to a Hampton Inn when I have to take a dump away from the home court. But that's just me.

#3 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,252 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:46 PM

Why do you need a fancy toilet anyway? A Home Depot crapper is as good as a crapper from some specialty place.

#4 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,330 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:50 PM

SoPa and DilWo? Just hire a male interior decorator and get it done with.

#5 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:57 PM

Ripping out everything and redoing it. Like to get my hands dirty every once in a while.

So like if you like to tile, and have a good back, I'll let you help me.

#6 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:25 AM

Why do you need a fancy toilet anyway? A Home Depot crapper is as good as a crapper from some specialty place.

Meh, not so much. A lot of the Lowe's and Home Depot products are manufactured with sub-par quality materials. They look the same on the outside, but the innards are usually el-cheapo. That's why they can beat my prices on a lot of plumbing fixtures.

If you want fixtures that will last as long as the house, buy from a reputable plumbing supply.

If you want fixtures that will last as long as you do in the sack, buy from a big-box store like Home Depot.

:smilielol5:

#7 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,978 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:31 AM

Ripping out everything and redoing it. Like to get my hands dirty every once in a while.

So like if you like to tile, and have a good back, I'll let you help me.

My little brother does tile(15 yrs). He is from the Rock. Nuff said.

#8 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:35 AM

Meh, not so much. A lot of the Lowe's and Home Depot products are manufactured with sub-par quality materials. They look the same on the outside, but the innards are usually el-cheapo. That's why they can beat my prices on a lot of plumbing fixtures.

If you want fixtures that will last as long as the house, buy from a reputable plumbing supply.

If you want fixtures that will last as long as you do in the sack, buy from a big-box store like Home Depot.

:smilielol5:

Got any recommendations in the Charlotte area? Bossman wants one of those glass doors for the tub that's sort of a half wall/doesn't go all the way across if you know what I'm getting at, but she also wants some sort of Asian arty look to it. Stupid art hippies...

#9 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:41 AM

When you get done practicing on your bathroom and learning from your mistakes, give me a call and you can come remodel my master bathroom. That is one thing that I am weary of taking on. There is too much that go wrong when you are not sure what you are doing and dealing with a bathroom on the second floor. Escaping water likes to travel downhill.

#10 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:44 AM

Stupid gravity.

Well, I've done an upstairs bathroom before with my Pops. That was much more than this one will/is. And yeah, plumbing has always been the one thing I get apprehensive about.

#11 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:56 AM

Stupid gravity.

Well, I've done an upstairs bathroom before with my Pops. That was much more than this one will/is. And yeah, plumbing has always been the one thing I get apprehensive about.

I had an issue with a tequilla bottle and spinich dip at a party the wife and I went to not to long ago......apparently I clogged the sink (haven't done that in years) and decided to take apart the plumbing in the bathroom in the middle of the night. Made the worse mess I have ever seen in my life and took me 3 days and 4 trips to the local hardware store to figure out how to piece everything back together. :D I hate plumbing.

Life with me = never dull

#12 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:08 AM

I'm in Cashiers, NC...about 3 hours from Charlotte so I can't recommend a plumbing supply in that area that I have dealt with. If you can find an HD Supply or something you might be in luck. I know there are several Ferguson branches around there as well and I wish you luck with them if they're anything like the local branches here. I've stopped purchasing products from them because they're so incompetent, plus I like to keep my money out of my competitors' pockets. :) Their prices are okay, but not anything to write home about even if you get a contractor's discount.

#13 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:14 PM

Restoration Hardware if you don't want a box store and you want to be a yuppie and pay out the ass

#14 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:20 PM

Awesome, then I can swing by D&Ds again!

I just wish Blackhawk carried larger items.

#15 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:21 PM

Awesome, then I can swing by D&Ds again!

I just wish Blackhawk carried larger items.

don't get their tuna salad..I wasn't very impressed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com