Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rock Band Name Orgins

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Lynard Skynard - band member's high school gym teacher "Leonard Skinner" that hated the long-hairds

Dave Matthews Band - didnt have a working name---a bartender in Charlottesville took a call from one of the band members letting him know they'd be late---he said "what band is this?" Dave Matthews and his band became Dave Matthews Band

Led Zeppelin - Keith Moon heard their demo and insultingly said it would go over like a "lead zeppelin"

Posted

I think his bzzzzzzzzzzzzz was from the dildo it was named after.

How'd I know you were gonna mention Steely Dan. Ugh. Except Jeff Baxter is/was cool.

i gotta be consistent in something scrum. Everything else Im random in...

Posted

Anyone know how the Carpenters got their name?

Posted

Anyone know how the Carpenters got their name?

Karen was walking by a construction site and saw some carpenters moving 2x4s...she thought she was looking in a mirror and decided it was a good name for a band.

Posted

karen was walking by a construction site and saw some carpenters moving 2x4s...she thought she was looking in a mirror and decided it was a good name for a band.

zing

Posted

Between the Buried and Me - Came from a Counting Crows song lyric...

Posted

There was a music show on after WWE RAW back in the day, when Nickelback only had 'How you Remind Me' on the radio. They performed and was asked how they came up with the name in the post performance interview. drummer said he used to work at a Starbucks in Canada and everything came up to $_.95, so he would grab one from the drawer and say "Thanks, here's your nickel back"...

That's funny, I thought it was because anyone who paid money to listen to their music wanted a refund.

Posted

Between the Buried and Me - Came from a Counting Crows song lyric...

You beat me to it...