Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Moore: Should Start, Awesome, Cures Cancer, More Sarcastic than Fiz

62 posts in this topic

Posted

Catch All Thread For Your Sacrificing of Virgins and Anointing of Savior.

Posted

DqiQ4.png He has arrived.

He has arrived.

Posted

Matt Moore once took a trip to the Virgin Islands. When he returned they were just the Islands.

Posted

Moore made fuging strides today

and i earned a measure of respect and confidence in this guy.

Posted

Matt Moore has a bright future

No sarcasm here

Posted

Matt Moore once took a trip to the Virgin Islands. When he returned they were just the Islands.

Posted

Barring a complete and total meltdown by Moore, he deserves a chance in training camp to compete at least for his backup role next year, no matter the coach.

He stepped up against a great team.

Posted

It must've had a lot to do with the weather/rain last week. The guy looked legit tonight. I've been touting Alex Smith or Campbell as options, although Smith is under contract through next year, but I've got to say, Moore has made me question as to how much we need to look outside...

The only thing I see he is lacking right now is consistently hitting receivers on the timing routes like Collinsworth mentioned... For example, last week against the Pats, he tried to throw to the flat to Smitty, but Smitty saw the DB crashing down and ran out to the corner straight up the field, he would've had a TD... Moore doesn't have the timing and chemistry with Smitty yet to know where he's gonna be on throws like that. But, given time, it will come.

I wasn't sure how legit Moore was as a long term option, but like I've always said, Jaworski said this kid was a steal and could be a legit starting QB when he came out - And I trust Jaws. The more time he's played, the more progress he's shown, and now I've got to believe that this guy has a chance of being our starter long-term.

I believed Moore was the best QB on the roster earlier in the year, even though I didn't know how viable he'd be come next year, I think he's starting to prove how viable he'll be.

Posted

Work on his accuracy and I wouldnt mind giving him a shot to battle for starter next tc.

Posted

if Moore plays like this against the Giants and Saints, he should absolutely be kept around next year to compete for the starting job.

Posted

You could *see* Moore's throws improving through the game. It was clear his accuracy was improving. His timing was still missing, but he started to trust receivers, and started to lead Smith (on that one beautiful freaking TD play, that was all trust that Smitty would come down with it...). Most of all, HE IS MOBILE.

My FAVORITE play (that didn't involve Smitty >.>) Moore made that game was scrambling out of the pocket on first down, gaining a yard and preventing a sack. So many QBs would have just been taken down, but he ducked and ran. It was nice to see.

Posted

if Moore plays like this against the Giants and Saints, he should absolutely be kept around next year to compete for the starting job.

Agree. It can save us the trouble of likely getting a QB in the Draft who could be a bust. We tend to have trouble getting a successful QB in the draft for years, even before Fox & Hurney came here. Plus, we don't have to pay a lot to keep Moore & make him the starter where we couldn't sign some good QBs that would've cost us too much to pay other good players on our team to stay. We seem to do better with picking undrafted QB like Jake & Moore than the Draft. Weird, huh?