Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bo In Monroe

My dog

41 posts in this topic

did the vet say anything about the dog being in pain?

2 months living in heavy pain, is not living.

If ok, do a (what your guess) for the dogs' bucket list. I lost my husky, not to long ago. One of few pros to being a emotionless machine, is dealing with lost loved ones.

He said the dog will not live in pain for approximately the next two months. He will either go before that or I will make the decision. He will be pampered beyond description in the mean time. If he could ask for a drink, I would give him one.

give him OTC pain pills(have extra water available) and lots of belly rubs, or anything that gives those joyfulness feelings. small dose of booze shouldnt hurt either(NOT BOTH). give the brain/body a break form dealing with cancer. goodluck

heartbreaking news, Give him some belly rubs and ear scratches over christmas and maybe some turkey from the table.

A great dog is something very rare and Slappy is a great dog

Never hurts to get a second opinion, either. Vets aren't gods. Once had a vet tell me "a yellow cat is a dead cat." Well years later I had another cat that got jaundiced and she pulled through and is happy and healthy now.

Sucks, get him and you a puppy to make the time he has left more fun.

Bo let me tell you a story about Ronald Reagan told by his daughter in a Playboy interview. RR was very fond of his horses. People who ride their horses all the time get as attached to them as we do to our dogs. Well, one day his favorite horse passed away, and as he and his daughter buried it on his ranch, she said he wasn't crying, but smiling. She asked him why, and he said "I'm just thinking of all the wonderful memories this animal has given me."

Each day with something you love is a blessing, not a God given right. I pray every night and thank God for all the blessings in my life. They won't last forever, but the memories will.

Bo you are the third person in just under 24 hrs I know that either has lost a dog or is on the verge.

One of the most unique bonds around.

Hang in there and send em off in style.

So sorry, Bo! Is this Slappy?

<hugs>

Sorry Bo, losing a dog can hurt as much as losing a human family member. One of the few circumstances men are allowed to cry.