Photo
- - - - -

Gonna be a nice playoff tailgate

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
89 replies to this topic

#16 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:57 PM

I will pay for all your drinks if you do. Come on....you unsociable ass! :cheers2:

Then you will have a lot of extra cash since I don't drink :o

#17 9Lives

9Lives

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:58 PM

Then you will have a lot of extra cash since I don't drink :o

Foot massage? :D

#18 9Lives

9Lives

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:59 PM

I may have to drop by for a huddle playoff tailgate

You will....or else. :cool:

#19 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:00 PM

Foot massage? :D

we'll see.... lets take it one bidet at a time.... would you guys like me to bring the portable bidet?

#20 9Lives

9Lives

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:01 PM

we'll see.... lets take it one bidet at a time.... would you guys like me to bring the portable bidet?

I triple double dog dare ya! Squirt guns, and things of those sorts don't count. :D

#21 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:15 PM

yes, yes, I am already smelling steaks and shrimp........

Salad, potatoes, some of 9lives potato salad, some kind of rolls, baked beans, and some of the best desserts brought by various people.....

#22 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

IMHO - steaks are not the easiest thing to cook for a large crowd. It's impressive sounding, yes - but not too practical unless you hire someone who is used to doing steak for 100 in a short period of time. Something like what 9Lives did with the low country boil was very popular, still impressive with the shrimp and crab (although I did impale myself on those crab shells enough to make me give up on them). I know we've done steaks before, but it was not easy and it was almost impossible to cook them to people's tastes. I know that I am not the only one who has said this, but I will be the one to take the heat for saying it - it's what I do.

Edited by Go To Girl, 28 December 2008 - 08:17 PM.

#23 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,035 posts

And I am envisioning $1000 in the Toys for Tots collection bucket.....

#24 9Lives

9Lives

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:17 PM

IMHO - steaks are not the easiest thing to cook for a large crowd. It's impressive sounding, yes - but not too practical unless you hire someone who is used to doing steak for 100 in a short period of time. Something like what 9Lives did with the low country boil was very popular, still impressive with the shrimp and crab (although I did impale myself on those crab shells enough to make me give up on them). I know we've done steaks before, but it was not easy and it was almost impossible to cook them to people's tastes.

I don't recall any crab........:confused:

Not only that....we can get anything done that we set our minds to, that is a fact.

Prepare for 100 people in a short period of time........are you kidding me???

#25 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:19 PM

anyone taking up a collection to bring in the token Canadian? my record in BOA is pretty strong!!!!

#26 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:19 PM

Then what were those claws....I thought they were small Dungeness crab claws

#27 9Lives

9Lives

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:24 PM

Then what were those claws....I thought they were small Dungeness crab claws

We had rather large shrimp, and crawfish, which are small, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

Those type of crabs are very large bodied, and from the West coast anyway.

Edited by 9Lives, 28 December 2008 - 08:27 PM.

#28 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:27 PM

IMHO - steaks are not the easiest thing to cook for a large crowd. It's impressive sounding, yes - but not too practical unless you hire someone who is used to doing steak for 100 in a short period of time. Something like what 9Lives did with the low country boil was very popular, still impressive with the shrimp and crab (although I did impale myself on those crab shells enough to make me give up on them). I know we've done steaks before, but it was not easy and it was almost impossible to cook them to people's tastes. I know that I am not the only one who has said this, but I will be the one to take the heat for saying it - it's what I do.

I am sure each week we do a tailgate that at some point somebody gets a bad plate or something doesn't go according to plan. But we give it away and we ain't a restaurant that you pay for your dish. With everything you cook there is something that could go wrong so if you say this every dish then we'd never get 100 people fed in a day. You can't please everybody.

If you're worried you may not get a good steak then feel free to bring your own food and you can use my grill to cook it.

#29 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:32 PM

That's not the point mush - but that's why I was willing to take the heat for saying it since I figured you'd get bent out of shape over it. Might as well be me who does it instead of any others who don't like to make waves. I can handle it.

#30 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:32 PM

any takers on a place to stay? :D

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com