89 replies to this topic

#76 2manytoys

2manytoys

Stop staring at her tits

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:54 PM

Even if you find tickets ... all of the hotels downtown are already full... We got lucky and got two rooms off of Hotwire but now they are sold out. Anyone else staying downtown at the Blake Hotel ?

#77 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:59 PM

Even if you find tickets ... all of the hotels downtown are already full... We got lucky and got two rooms off of Hotwire but now they are sold out. Anyone else staying downtown at the Blake Hotel ?

The Blake??!
I hear ya man....very nice :yesnod:

#78 Ranucci's Big Butt BBQ

Ranucci's Big Butt BBQ

Huddle Pit Master

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:04 PM

Can I come too????

Looks like the smoker will have at least one more trip down to the old lot for a little more fun.

Steaks and seafood are on the menu as of now. Looking to do some whole prime ribs, shrimps and whatever 9lives can get.

Backup plan is a low country boil with lots of seafood.

#79 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:06 PM

Can I come too????

Looks like the smoker will have at least one more trip down to the old lot for a little more fun.

Steaks and seafood are on the menu as of now. Looking to do some whole prime ribs, shrimps and whatever 9lives can get.

Backup plan is a low country boil with lots of seafood.

Holy Moly :party:

#80 SteveSmith_for_Prez

SteveSmith_for_Prez

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

My fiancee lives in Huntersville at the moment...20 minutes from the stadium. I also have family in Salisbury.

#81 SteveSmith_for_Prez

SteveSmith_for_Prez

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:08 PM

Good luck with that.

Word of advice on buying tickets: Find the local number for a ticketmaster outlet somewhere out of the Carolinas... Say maybe Montgomery, Alabama. Call that number to get your tickets at precisely 10 AM. Every Ticketmaster in the area is going to be swamped.

you really think that would be a better option than trying to get them online at ticketmaster?

#82 2manytoys

2manytoys

Stop staring at her tits

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:09 PM

Can I come too????

whatever 9lives can get.

Great.. now the menu will be Smoked possum... deer anus.. and coon pecker shish kabobs...

#83 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:22 PM

good, because my liver has been naughty, and must pay

"The liver is evil and must be punished." Last Resort Bar, Beef Island, British Virgin Islands.

#84 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:26 PM

Hey folks I need like one more person to throw in $100 to give us enough $$$ to make the all day feast happen. Anybody? Figure you're already getting steak, seafood, salad, prepared by pros. Then if you come early you're getting breakfast too.

One more person......

#85 Badbak

Badbak

Official Huddle Recluse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationRock Hell, SC

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:31 PM

I know what GTG is talking about trying to cook a bunch of steaks at one time. I've helped do it several times and unless you have a really big grill its hard to get them all cooked close to the same time. And then getting everybody a steak cooked the way they want it is a pain too.

I'll be there and just may have a ticket! One of the Drs my wife works for might be coming through for me. I'll be there ticket or not. I really enjoyed getting to meet some of you folks at the Denver game. Also, Ranucci can do some magic with a brisket, it was delish! I may even talk my wife into making the trip even though the game starts just a little before what she calls bedtime. (really!) What time will the eating begin? I want to make sure that I get there before so I don't get thrown into the eat and run crowd.

Mush, I'd love to help you out but money is in very short supply around my house right now.

Edited by Badbak, 29 December 2008 - 10:33 PM.

#86 goncrazi

goncrazi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:31 PM

you really think that would be a better option than trying to get them online at ticketmaster?

Absolutely. The ticketmaster site will be swamped and you have to jump through hoops to purchase your tickets. If you do decide to try ticketmaster online, make sure you have an account set up BEFORE Thursday morning.

#87 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:40 PM

I know what GTG is talking about trying to cook a bunch of steaks at one time. I've helped do it several times and unless you have a really big grill its hard to get them all cooked close to the same time. And then getting everybody a steak cooked the way they want it is a pain too.

I'll be there and just may have a ticket! One of the Drs my wife works for might be coming through for me. I'll be there ticket or not. I really enjoyed getting to meet some of you folks at the Denver game. Also, Ranucci can do some magic with a brisket, it was delish! I may even talk my wife into making the trip even though the game starts just a little before what she calls bedtime. (really!) What time will the eating begin? I want to make sure that I get there before so I don't get thrown into the eat and run crowd.

Mush, I'd love to help you out but money is in very short supply around my house right now.

I wouldn't worry about it with Raccini's grill and him behind it. If kickoff is 8 pm, food will be serverd between 6-6:30.

Some of you people worry to much. Mush has been managing this for 4 years. Just show up. Everything will be fine.

#88 Ranucci's Big Butt BBQ

Ranucci's Big Butt BBQ

Huddle Pit Master

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:43 PM

Yeah, if we do prime rib I will need to get a few of them. I can make some medium well, some well and some pretty damn rare.

I will leave 9lives raw.

#89 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:44 PM

The official tailgate thread will be up shortly.....

#90 SteveSmith_for_Prez

SteveSmith_for_Prez

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:04 PM

Absolutely. The ticketmaster site will be swamped and you have to jump through hoops to purchase your tickets. If you do decide to try ticketmaster online, make sure you have an account set up BEFORE Thursday morning.

hoops? sorry, you lost me there. my apologies.

anyway, maybe i'll call some ticketmaster in arkansas or wyoming if they have any. i wonder if they will they be selling the tickets in those areas though? seems like i've heard something in the past where tickets are only sold in certain areas.

in any case, does anybody have some tixs they wanna give up? not for free of course. what is it? 12, noon on Thursday everyone can start selling and trading?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.