Photo
- - - - -

So ESPN thinks we'll trade DWill for a high first round pick

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
151 replies to this topic

#1 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:35 PM

Because we need a QB and we already have a starter in Stewart. Williams entering the final year of his rookie contract too.

You think this will happen?

#2 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:40 PM

will be a very sad day :(

#3 Ccat

Ccat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:42 PM

I don't know. I hope not...

#4 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:43 PM

For a top 3 pick? I would seriously have to consider that if I were them. Stew has shown that he can carry the load for the whole game. I would hate to see him go, but I would love to see us get a young, stud QB. I know that its a crap shoot sometimes in the draft, but if we got Clausen I would jizz my pants.

#5 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:43 PM

Not gonna happen IMO. I don't see him getting traded for an unproven 1st round rookie QB.

#6 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:48 PM

I believe it will happen. As much as I love Williams and only buy his jerseys, from a football standpoint this makes sense. We need a franchise QB and the only way to get one is with a top 10 pick.

Stewart can carry the ball as a full time starter and I believe we already have a good backup RB. It's easier to just draft another RB in the late rounds to take the load off both of them if need be.

It's only a question of where this pick would come from. Detroit? Seattle?

#7 Acewalker

Acewalker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:48 PM

Please no..

#8 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:49 PM

Not gonna happen IMO. I don't see him getting traded for an unproven 1st round rookie QB.

Not when the team relies on the running game so much.

#9 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,457 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:08 PM

Are they just running the Gantt article with comments? Or are they giving their individual own take? I would be SO irate if they traded him. He's my favorite player. The only way I wouldn't hate them with every inch of my being is if we got one of the top five draft QBs out of it, and even then I'd be iffy. J-Stew's injury history scares me too much.

I also think a lot has to so with whomever is running the show here. Fox wants a bruiser, but I could see another coach wanting to stick with a speedster.

#10 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:27 PM

J-Stew's injury history scares me too much.

I also think a lot has to so with whomever is running the show here. Fox wants a bruiser, but I could see another coach wanting to stick with a speedster.

I think he would actually injury himself further by playing anyway (well, he has played while injured already).

I think Fox likes the two back system anyhow.

#11 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:32 PM

It would be one of the worst moves in Franchises history if we trade Dwill. Sorry but Dwill is gonna be a huge star if we keep giving him the ball.

#12 Ccat

Ccat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:35 PM

It would be one of the worst moves in Franchises history if we trade Dwill. Sorry but Dwill is gonna be a huge star if we keep giving him the ball.

I agree. He just makes plays happen even when it looks hopeless.

#13 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:37 PM

Might as well just blow up the team if that's the case...Williams is the best player on the team. On par if not better than Smith into his 30s.

#14 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:50 PM

I guess I better hold off on getting that Williams jersey...

It'll definitely be a sad day in Charlotte and the Carolinas if D-Will is traded. I like Stewart, but he hasnt been fully healthy since he's arrived here. I think Williams should be one of the untouchables. Stewart should be traded, but he wouldnt get us our 1st rd pick.

#15 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,435 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:56 PM

For a top 3 pick? I would seriously have to consider that if I were them. Stew has shown that he can carry the load for the whole game. I would hate to see him go, but I would love to see us get a young, stud QB. I know that its a crap shoot sometimes in the draft, but if we got Clausen I would jizz my pants.

Who is them. New management or the same management

I dont know if the choice they do take for a top 5 pick will be the right one with either new management or the same management. People say QB, some people say WR. Both is important. Difference is with a top 5 pick. A top 5 WR has better chance of making a quicker and less riskier impact in his first few years. That is if you actually pick top 5 talent

Stew is capable, just not that durable. But he's been playing so who knows. The NFL is changing into more of a passing offense

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com