Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lloyd's Kickoffs...

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Its amazing we have a kicker that can squib kick well down the field. They call it to prevent returns. And it has worked well majority of the time. They get to like the 25 yard line

Yeah, that's why I was wondering if it was by design.

They seem to work well.

Posted

He doesn't tackle well, but he tries to slow them down a little...which is more than Kasay is able to do. And yes...it was Kasay who squibbed the ball out of bounds.

Posted

Yeah, that's why I was wondering if it was by design.

They seem to work well.

Yea by design. As the ball rolls around it allow our team to get down there. It has to be, because sometimes he kick it all the way back

Posted

i think the coaching staff calls for a squib. I dont know why. but the ineptitude of the coaches has ceased to amaze me.

Squib kicks should be illegal.

Posted

It didn't apply today, but one thing that's had an effect over previous games is the time of year/ As temperatures fall, kickoff averages tend to fall along with them because it's harder to kick in cold weather.

Thought he did well overall today. Baker, on the other hand, had an uncharacteristic bad outing.

Posted

Hes trying to kill the ball, and when he does that he loses all his mechanics for that kick which causes it to go all over.

Posted

Baker, on the other hand, had an uncharacteristic bad outing.

So, you don't think that shank was by design to keep Breezy from getting the 402? Saints fans think it was. I say no way he does that.

Posted

So, you don't think that shank was by design to keep Breezy from getting the 402? Saints fans think it was. I say no way he does that.

I never buy into any of the conspiracy theories, but that one's especially ridiculous.

"Hey, let's risk losing the game just so we can say Drew Brees didn't get the record against us" :rolleyes:

Posted

Its by design. Its to slow up the Returner but I dont know why booming it into the end zone want do that. Crossman's game plan has never made since to me though. Like the squib kick late. Why not just boom it down field and trust your ST not to let them get to our 45 yard line.

Posted

What'd he have today...3 touchbacks?

Posted

What'd he have today...3 touchbacks?

I believe so.

Oh, and it was Kasay that kicked it out of bounds GTG.