#16 TheSaint

TheSaint

Lengthy Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:18 AM

Most points are covered here.

I agree never lend to friends or family money you ever expect to get back. Also, never lend money to someone you'd feel out of place asking for it back.

Personally I like the straight up
question: "Was that $500 money you ever planned on paying back?" Followed up by "When?"

Ill be honest, i never would have remembered it. And its not the money, its the principal. But, like i told my wife...the whole concept is flawed. Did she really think that by loaning(giving) this girl this money, that she would then become fiscally responsible and all of a sudden make smart financial decisions? Duuh...theres a reason she is in that spot in the 1st place, and it wasnt because of a one time screw up or special need.

Ive never borrowed more than a few dollars from a friend, but i make it a priority to pay them back asap...of course, for just a few dollars, most friends dont care, cause it all comes around.

#17 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,874 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:50 AM

If it were me, and I needed the money, I would activate an assumptive close.

Hey, Ginger, I know that paying back the $500 all at once is pretty tough for you guys right now, but if you can just get me $100 every two weeks that would be cool with my husband and I.

Pause...see what she says...and if nothing....

We don't need it yet, but with the baby coming and all, we will by the time the ten weeks is up for you to get the $500 back to us.

Thanks so much.

#18 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:13 AM

Friends and money will almost always turn into a bad situation.

We had a friend that lost his job do some work on our new house. He charged us more than he quoted us and his work was piss poor and we are going to have to redo it all. It ended an already crippled relationship.

When you give money to friends or pay them to do work for you NEVER expect the money to be given back or good work to be performed if you want to stay friends. Though my brother on the other hand has several friends that owe him thousands of dollars and he doesn't seem to give a poo so it depends on personality as well.

#19 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,346 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:23 PM

Saint you are out of 500$, thats the bottom line here.

#20 TheSaint

TheSaint

Lengthy Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:44 PM

Saint you are out of 500$, thats the bottom line here.

Wife just called her and asked when she could pay back the cash. She said her next commission check was the 6th. Wife said that would be perfect....

this should be fun.:lurk5:

#21 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,346 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:48 PM

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.