Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unicar15

Peter King on Fox

42 posts in this topic

If I was the big cat, I would try to trade Fox for anything I can get and rather than sink a mega contract into Fox and his lame ass coaching style next year, I would rather give that to a rejuvenated Cowher who will bring toughness and attitude to this team

I like the call.

Sounds like he has been taking strategy 101 from Peppers.

:D

And what if he screws us and says he hasn't made a decision until Cowher, Shanahan, Billick, etc. are off the market, then quits. Sounds like a dick move that he would be capable of at this point.

Billick? Did you hear some of his calls on the game yesterday? He's not a fan of us at all with the excuses he said, so no way in hell I want that guy.

And I imagine what we reading is just rumors. If Fox is to leave, I'm sure someone will get him. Just because you're mediocre or whatever on a team doesn't mean a different team will not get you. Look at Eric Mangini. The Browns got him right away after the Jets fired him.

Billick? Did you hear some of his calls on the game yesterday? He's not a fan of us at all with the excuses he said, so no way in hell I want that guy.

And I imagine what we reading is just rumors. If Fox is to leave, I'm sure someone will get him. Just because you're mediocre or whatever on a team doesn't mean a different team will not get you. Look at Eric Mangini. The Browns got him right away after the Jets fired him.

I don't know, I thought he sounded pretty pumped about us. He went on about how he didn't understand what Fox was doing continually running the ball when he should've been really seeing if Moore was the answer at QB. When Moore was finally allowed to throw at the end of the first half, Billick went on to say how well thrown his passes were, even the ones that were dropped.

And he always brags about how good our RBs are and how they always break tackles and big runs...

Not saying I would want Billick, but he's a really good coach. Wouldn't mind if we got him, but I prefer Cowher.

You guys are always good for a laugh.

....... He went on about how he didn't understand what Fox was doing continually running the ball when he should've been really seeing if Moore was the answer at QB. ........

Screw Fox.... I was thinking and saying the same thing before Belick even said it. I mean give me a break. You have a young QB, possible need to see more and you do nothing but run the ball for the entire 2nd half. I understand the defense was doing well, but come on. That was ridiculus. There was plenty of opportunities to let Moore throw the ball and it was just run, run , run, punt for 30 minutes in a meaningless game.

The problem is throughout the league everyone thinks Fox is a good coach. Well except people here on this board. I don't see what the problem is. If he coaches well, we try to make a deal with him, if not he becomes a FA and we look for another coach. For the record I would extend him with a favorable buy out clause, but I also think he is a good coach so I am in the minority around here. I give much much more credit to Dick Labeau that I do Cowher.

I havent paid much attention to him, but why Billick?

He's was in baltimore for a while under the title of a offensive guru head coach. Yet to my knwoledege never created a consistent talented offence.

Reminds me of Gruden

I'd have no problem with Fox leading us to a good season next year and then promoting from within.

The only thing anyone has said that makes any sense in this thread is that Peter King's a tool.

I'd have no problem with Fox leading us to a good season next year and then promoting from within.

Magazu??