The Patriots secondary got torched by Jake in the 2nd half of that game. I'm pretty sure Patriot fans weren't acting like idiots after they won the Super Bowl asking for their coach to be fired.
Fox hasn't won a Super Bowl, so that comparison is dumb/null.
Secondly, having your secondary get torched, and blowing a big lead are two different things.Scoring summary
* NE - TD: Deion Branch 5 yard pass from Tom Brady (Adam Vinatieri kick) 7-0 NE 3:05. Drive: 4 plays, 20 yards in 2:10
* CAR - TD: Steve Smith 39 yard pass from Jake Delhomme (John Kasay kick) 7-7 tie 1:07. Drive: 8 plays, 95 yards in 1:58
* NE - TD: David Givens 5 yard pass from Tom Brady (Adam Vinatieri kick) 14-7 NE 0:18. Drive: 6 plays, 78 yards in 0:49
* CAR - FG: John Kasay 50 yards 14-10 NE 0:00. Drive: 2 plays, 21 yards in 0:18
* NE - TD: Antowain Smith 2 yard run (Adam Vinatieri kick) 21-10 NE 14:49. Drive: 8 plays, 71 yards in 4:08
* CAR - TD: DeShaun Foster 33 yard run (2-pt conv: pass failed) 21-16 NE 12:39. Drive: 6 plays, 81 yards in 2:10
* CAR - TD: Muhsin Muhammad 85 yard pass from Jake Delhomme (2-pt conv: pass failed) 22-21 CAR 6:53 Drive: 3 plays, 90 yards in 0:45
* NE - TD: Mike Vrabel 1 yard pass from Tom Brady (2-pt conv: Kevin Faulk run) 29-22 NE2:51. Drive: 11 plays, 68 yards in 4:02
* CAR - TD: Ricky Proehl 12 yard pass from Jake Delhomme (John Kasay kick) 29-29 tie 1:08. Drive: 7 plays, 80 yards in 1:43
* NE - FG: Adam Vinatieri 41 yards 32-29 NE 00:04 Drive: 6 plays, 37 yards in 1:04
Show me the huge lead NE blew.
Their secondary got torched because they were stacking the box like crazy to stop our run game.
Not to mention that is when we had a younger moose who could help stretch the field, and Ricky, who was second to none in the 3WR spot.
Their plan was to make it a Jake vs Brady match by nullifying our run game, and that's a no brainer on who you'd take in that battle.
Our offense is/was more dangerous when we can take time off the clock and punch it in for a TD. We can do play action over the top for big plays to keep defenses honest, but an all out air assault is not how we win games.
Please know your football/team, so i must say again, what are you talking about?