Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Crazy V2

Official Offseason Mock Trade Discussion Thread

460 posts in this topic

Hmmm, as much as it is supposed to be a fun and fantasy-type game, I really feel like a couple of trades are ruining what others have done to legitimitely improve their teams.

There is no way the Chargers can replace Philips outside of Brees and Manning, so there is no way they would trade him away. Likewise Manning has no replacement. Trading either away immediately makes their team worse, so I really feel we should scrutinise these trades.

I have been scrapping the bargain bin in an attempt to be somewhat realistic, thinking that franchise players simply were not allowed to be moved.

Personally, to make the first few days of this not be completely wasted, I really feel we should review some of the outlandish trades.

Trading Block

Ronnie Brown - HB (Height: 6-0 Weight: 230 Age: 28)

*Games: 60/55

*Stats: 5,330 yards (1,249 receiving), 33 TDs (2 receiving)

*Asking for: High Round Pick ~ 2nd Round

Donald Thomas - OG (Height: 6-4 Weight: 310 Age: 24 )

*Games: 17/13

*2009 Blocking Stats: 5 Scks, 8 Hits, 10 Pressures

*Asking For: Mid Round Pick ~ 3rd

Tony McDaniel - DT/DE (Height: 6-7 Weight: 305 Age: 25)

*Games: 41/3

*2009 Defensive Stats: 16 Tkls, 1.5 Sck, 1 PDef

*Asking For: Mid/Low Round Pick ~ 4th

Will D. Allen - CB (Height: 5-10, Weight: 195, Age: 31)

*Games: 125/124

*Defensive Stats: 484 Tkls, 5 Sck, 106 PDef, 15 Int, 7 FFum

*Asking For: Mid/Low Round Pick ~ 5th Round

Hmmm, as much as it is supposed to be a fun and fantasy-type game, I really feel like a couple of trades are ruining what others have done to legitimitely improve their teams.

There is no way the Chargers can replace Philips outside of Brees and Manning, so there is no way they would trade him away. Likewise Manning has no replacement. Trading either away immediately makes their team worse, so I really feel we should scrutinise these trades.

I have been scrapping the bargain bin in an attempt to be somewhat realistic, thinking that franchise players simply were not allowed to be moved.

Personally, to make the first few days of this not be completely wasted, I really feel we should review some of the outlandish trades.

I don't see what's wrong with the Manning trade....from his standpoint Manning is almost 34, he gets two first rounders that he can use in some way to try to get a quarterback or other players if he chooses (whether it's drafting or trading) plus he gets a significant upgrade at running back (Gore), and a highly touted receiver (Crabtree). Alex Smith could be decent with all the weapons he's got around him.

But the Rivers one is a joke....why would someone trade a top tier quarterback who is 28 along with the best TE in football (Gates) plus a third round pick to get Adrian Peterson and Travaris Jackkson?

Atlanta trades

Rnd1 pick 26

Rnd 3 pick 71

For

Denver Broncos

WR Brandon Marshall

Hey, this is the only time we can have our outlandish trade ideas.

Haters gonna Hate. :cheers2:

Hey I'm jealous, you hosed the Bolts badly on this trade.

Yeah I honestly think we should reboot this and limit the number of players that can be moved. I mean, a lot of these trades are pretty legit, could possibly happen type trades, but there are some that are just ridiculous.

Yeah I honestly think we should reboot this and limit the number of players that can be moved. I mean, a lot of these trades are pretty legit, could possibly happen type trades, but there are some that are just ridiculous.

Well rather than a complete reboot, as I am sure some people are pretty happy with the transactions they have made, we could simply flag certain trades. Then those trades can be scrutinised by the GMs, if enough are happy then it passes, if not then the trade is revoked.

I think we need to keep the air of realsticness to the whole thing, otherwise there is little point in actually doing it.

Hey I'm jealous, you hosed the Bolts badly on this trade.

I don’t mind seeing trades that involve franchise players because it’s just fantasy, but at least make the trades even. Even if you take away the third round pick it is still unbalanced. How are the Chargers going to trade two great players and a third, for one great player and a below average QB, makes no sense.

Crimsontidepanthers,

Do you honestly feel that your team is better now, than before all of these trades you have made???

ya i got offered peterson and tavarris for macnabb and my 1st basically offered the same deal, and i woulda gave up so much less and barlelly considered it.... RB's just arnt that high value as they can get hurt any moment unlike most othr positions

ya the manning trade is equal to me.... as long as the colts can get a decent QB it will be fine and with 3 1st they can get bradford or clausen u kno many options still there