Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If we don't take a WR with our first pick..

75 posts in this topic

Posted

Much like Jarrett was, Briscoe is my guy this year... We'll likely be eying him pretty hard... The dude will likely be there in the 2nd, and possibly 3rd or 4th... Combine pending...

He has some character issues in his past, but they aren't anything to worry about...

Posted

i would love to get demaryius thomas and dexter mccluster(if he comes out).

Posted

I guess everyone has forgotten about Erik Decker.

Posted

i would love to get demaryius thomas and dexter mccluster(if he comes out).

mccluster is a senior

Posted

Much like Jarrett was, Briscoe is my guy this year... We'll likely be eying him pretty hard... The dude will likely be there in the 2nd, and possibly 3rd or 4th... Combine pending...

He has some character issues in his past, but they aren't anything to worry about...

He reminds me of plaxico...but that could be because of there uniforms..lol

But I wonder if the panthers will be a lil gun shy on taking a big WR if his 40 is not that good.

Posted

sign me up for tate... right now.... just dont think it will happen...

we better draft a WR and pick one up in FA...

Posted

He is way more physical than DJ..and faster than him too.He is raw.

But most of those top 5 guys prob will be gone by the time we pick

You think there are going to be 7 or 8 WRs picked before we pick? I didn't include Dez Bryant, Damian Williams (who I don't want but is highly rated), or Eric Decker because they will most likely be the first 3 taken. I think Tate could be taken in that mix too but I'm just holding out hope for him.

I agree with most of you tho...Ford before the 4th is too early. I like him a lot though and if he was the only WR we took (and we signed one in the offseason) I'd be happy.

The key for 2010 is a free agent though unless we get Tate or Bryant, which is probably a long shot. I think that in our offense those two are the only two who could make an immediate impact. In other offenses...a lot of these guys will make immediate impact. In the Panthers offense under John Fox...not likely for 2010.

Posted

You think there are going to be 7 or 8 WRs picked before we pick? I didn't include Dez Bryant, Damian Williams (who I don't want but is highly rated), or Eric Decker because they will most likely be the first 3 taken. I think Tate could be taken in that mix too but I'm just holding out hope for him.

I agree with most of you tho...Ford before the 4th is too early. I like him a lot though and if he was the only WR we took (and we signed one in the offseason) I'd be happy.

The key for 2010 is a free agent though unless we get Tate or Bryant, which is probably a long shot. I think that in our offense those two are the only two who could make an immediate impact. In other offenses...a lot of these guys will make immediate impact. In the Panthers offense under John Fox...not likely for 2010.

who are the 7 or 8 your talking about?I think Tate,Bryant,Benn will be gone I also could see a run on WR in the 2nd round.

Posted

There is no way 7 or 8 WRs will be picked before we do in the 2nd round.. that many of any position will not happen.. we will have more options than you guys realize. There will be 3 WRs taken in the 1st round alone... maximum.

Dez Bryant, Arrelious Benn, and either Brandon LaFell or Golden Tate will be 1st round picks.

I believe 2 other WRs will be taken before us in the 2nd round (the other being Mardy Gilyard), so we should get the 6th overall WR in the draft. But, this draft is the deepest in a long long time for WRs.

Here are the projected WRs that will be on the board when we pick:

DeMaryius Thomas (WR, Georgia Tech)

Dezmon Briscoe (WR, Kansas)

Danario Alexander (WR, Missouri)

Jacoby Ford (WR, Clemson)

Damian Williams (WR, USC)

Jeremy Williams (WR, Tulane)

Jordan Shipley (WR, Texas)

Posted

If Dez Bryant slips to us in the 2nd I'll shoot ropes all over my laptop screen.

Posted

If Dez Bryant slips to us in the 2nd I'll shoot ropes all over my laptop screen.

:lol: