#1 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,796 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:57 PM

Because they seem to find wr's everywhere. Even te's that can play.

#2 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,791 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:04 PM

Is it the scouting or the coaching after they're drafted? I mean you can say this about a lot of NFL teams... these guys that are drafted are seriously talented. Look at the guys drafted in the lower rounds doing well... Marquis Colston, Jackson and Maclin on the Eagles, Austin on the Cowboys...

#3 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,416 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:51 PM

Is it the scouting or the coaching after they're drafted? I mean you can say this about a lot of NFL teams... these guys that are drafted are seriously talented. Look at the guys drafted in the lower rounds doing well... Marquis Colston, Jackson and Maclin on the Eagles, Austin on the Cowboys...

DeSean Jackson is a 2nd round pick.. and Maclin was a 1st round pick..

#4 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,791 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:51 PM

OK, so I missed on Maclin... but my point still stands...

#5 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,335 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

i think Jarret can do what people expected him to if play calling gives him the chance.

#6 thejimmy

thejimmy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:51 AM

One of the reasons we haven't found another good WR is that we haven't put a lot of effort into it. How many WR have hurney and fox drafted? Drew Carter, a 5th round pick, Colbert (2nd), Jarrett (2nd), and ryne robinson (4th). those are the only guys to come to mind. Maybe if they had it more of a priority, they would have more success.

#7 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:57 AM

It also helps when your QB is putting the ball in a mailbox.

#8 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:51 AM

i am wondering if breaston will in fact become a FA with the developement of doucet. they have 3 wrs that can all be #2s in breaston (he is showing it with boldin out), doucet (he looked great the 2nd half and in the last game), and of course boldin. now they could keep bolding around as his contract is very good from zona's standpoint, and let breaston (who likely will get a nice payday) go and move doucet to the #3 role on the cheap, or they could trade boldin and keep breaston, but imo that may cost them more to keep breaston unless its a RFA tag for just 1 more year.

#9 jpniner

jpniner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:46 PM

It may be the combo of Fox's style of play and Jakes incompetence being the main reason we can't develop a #2 WR.

#10 Nytrogen

Nytrogen

Like a boss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:51 AM

It also helps that the Pack and Cards have 2 beast QBs throwing their receivers the ball. Just like how P Manning is making his rookie and 2nd year receivers look great.

#11 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,252 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:06 PM

hell, even I could look like a solid WR if i had aaron rodgers or kurt warner throwing to me

#12 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,055 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Va

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:39 PM

Their offensive schemes rely on multiple receivers getting the ball and spreading the ball. Ours relies on running the ball and taking intermediate and deep shots. If we had their offensive scheme, our #3 WR would be a bigger priority than running back or Tight End.

The main reason we even had 4 WRs on our team is for depth in the event of injury and special teams.

#13 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:04 AM

I'm sure other teams say the same about our offensive line coaching staff/scouts =P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.