Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jangler

CoCo/Leno/Zucker: Getting serious now!

35 posts in this topic

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/jeff-zucker-threatens-to-ice-conan-ill-keep-you-off-the-air-for-3-12-years/

ZUCKER THREATENS TO ICE CONAN! Says "I'll Keep You Off The Air For 3 1/2 Years"; Conan Reps Counter: "This Will End Up In Front Of A Judge If NBC Doesn't Wise Up"; UPDATE: NBC Boasts About CO's Latest Ratings; 2ND UPDATE: Secret Negotiator

BREAKING NEWS! EXCLUSIVE! 7TH UPDATE, THURSDAY 6:45 PM: During tonight's monologue, the for-the-moment host of The Tonight Show referred to my scoop that NBCU chief Jeff Zucker was threatening to put him on ice for 3 1/2 years. "Hi, I’m Conan O’Brien, NBC’s 'Employee of the Month'. There’s a rumor that NBC is so upset with me, they want to keep me off the air for 3 years. My response to that is, if NBC doesn’t want people to see me, just leave me on NBC."

Bada bing. "No matter what happens, it’s been a real honor to sit in the same chair as Steve Allen, Jack Paar, Johnny Carson, Jay Leno, and Jay Leno."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

leno is worse than brett favre but atleast brett favre is still good at what he does

if only jimmy fallon would leave nbc too and leave them with jay and carson daly..hell of a line up there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with team Conan he leaves I leave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/jeff-zucker-threatens-to-ice-conan-ill-keep-you-off-the-air-for-3-12-years/

Instead of a prolonged and ugly battle, NBC has given in to Team Conan who've insisted their guy exits only with a lot of cash and freedom. How much cash? "Zucker's NBC spin puts it at $25 million. But it's a lot closer to $40 million than $25 million," my insider says. "And Conan was adamant that NBC take care of the people close to him -- [executive producer] Jeff Ross and the staff who moved out to Los Angeles." According to the pact, Conan leaves The Tonight Show on January 22nd, and The Jay Leno Show ends its 10 PM primetime run on February 12th when NBC starts its coverage of the Vancouver Winter Olympics through February 28th. That Monday, Leno commences his Tonight Show do-over. Conan, meanwhile, is free to go anywhere and compete with Jay. This is that Ron Meyer-negotiated deal (which I first reported yesterday at 3 PM). The Universal Studios president/COO was asked to step in secretly by WME agents Ari Emanuel when Team Conan and NBC were so far apart they weren't even on speaking terms. "They [NBC Universal] were lucky to have Ron." I'm told the deal might close as soon as Saturday. And NBC's PR nightmare will end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like when Leno show was cancelled the breached his contract.So they had to move him.NBC also says that Conan did not have the same clause so they wanted to Conan did not want to move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conan on Fox a little earlier is going to be cool and different. This is just bizarre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conan on Fox a little earlier is going to be cool and different. This is just bizarre.

I can't wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So does Leno get 'The Tonight Show' back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, I believe so...

244d2c1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow... so who's gonna watch it? I think Leno sucks...

NBC is stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites