Photo
- - - - -

Is a gun show the best/cheapest way to get a gun?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:47 PM

I just finished my CCW class, I already have a Beretta 92FS and am looking to get a Springfield Armory xd40 subcompact and add the insight x2l laser and light. Hyatt has the gun for about $500, do you guys get better deals than this at gun shows? I have really started enjoying going to the range.

#2 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,619 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:59 PM

Should be better deals there.
Just curious, you aren't worried about commodities going bust and panic and riots in the streets? ha ha

#3 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:33 PM

Posted Image

Edited by mr beauxjangles, 18 January 2010 - 08:35 PM.

#4 SMACKDAB

SMACKDAB

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:53 PM

With the way Obama wants to run control, buy it off the street, unregistered. All your legal ones are gonna have to be taken "survey" of, and reported on your income tax.

Don't have to report those, but I wouldn't suggest getting caught with them either. :D

#5 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:53 PM

Go to a store called Firepower in Monroe.

#6 Razzy

Razzy

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:59 AM

For home defense, all you really need is a trusty shotgun.

#7 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:19 PM

Gun shows, in my experience, stopped being a place to find bargains a long time ago...at least on firearms themselves. Odds and ends you still get pretty decent deals on.

#8 TheSaint

TheSaint

Lengthy Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:52 AM

Gun Shows...only thing ive found them good for is people watching. Of course, that can be very frightening.

Dude ripped me off with a fake ShamWow at the last one i went to...of course it was $2 as opposed to $20

#9 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:30 AM

Go to a store called Firepower in Monroe.

This. I go to the one in Matthews and they have great prices on new and used guns. Gun shows are usually the same as Hyatt or more. You can't really get deals at them anymore. You can find clips, ammo cans, and knick knacks for cheaper but usually guns are more. I was looking for a Glock 26 at the last show i went to and they were all way more expensive then i had found on the net or in stores around Charlotte. Plus you can shoot that XD 40 at Firepower, if you haven't already.

#10 Crimson Tide Panther

Crimson Tide Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:14 PM

Posted Image

#11 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,926 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:37 PM

With the way Obama wants to run control, buy it off the street, unregistered. All your legal ones are gonna have to be taken "survey" of, and reported on your income tax.

Don't have to report those, but I wouldn't suggest getting caught with them either. :D

You should listen to electro, he's the head of the Gay Gun Owners Association of America.

#12 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:51 PM

This. I go to the one in Matthews and they have great prices on new and used guns. Gun shows are usually the same as Hyatt or more. You can't really get deals at them anymore. You can find clips, ammo cans, and knick knacks for cheaper but usually guns are more. I was looking for a Glock 26 at the last show i went to and they were all way more expensive then i had found on the net or in stores around Charlotte. Plus you can shoot that XD 40 at Firepower, if you haven't already.

My brother in law runs the store.

#13 Sheldon Wolowizard

Sheldon Wolowizard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:21 PM

Sounds a little crazy, but pawn shops are good places. Not inside, but outside. Wait until a around the 30th through the 4th (most rent due dates) or a holiday and you can catch people selling them. They're hard up and you'll be able to get more gun for less money.

#14 SMACKDAB

SMACKDAB

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:35 PM

You should listen to electro, he's the head of the Gay Gun Owners Association of America.

Your continuous attempt at making me one of the same doughnut dunking crowd you enjoy is very humorous indeed.

Keep dreaming Rodeo Clown.

Edited by electro, 20 January 2010 - 01:37 PM.

#15 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,638 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:37 PM

Nice to know I live in a country where people are concerned with getting a gun as cheap and with as little overhead as possible.

Oh well, guess that means I better arm myself. Where can I get a sig sauer p226 and a WKW Wilk anti-materiel rifle?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.