Photo
- - - - -

Is a gun show the best/cheapest way to get a gun?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 SMACKDAB

SMACKDAB

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:39 PM

Nice to know I live in a country where people are concerned with getting a gun as cheap and with as little overhead as possible.

Oh well, guess that means I better arm myself. Where can I get a sig sauer p226 and a WKW Wilk anti-materiel rifle?

I say the M-60 grenade launcher myself, but if it were up to CWG, everybody would be armed with anal beads.

:D

#17 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:40 PM

I'll also be buying some handguns soon... Gotta go get my permits first though...

#18 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

My brother in law runs the store.

There's some good people there. I try to get up there once a week to shoot. I like how the have the private range you have to qualify for. Some of those people that go to shoot on the public range scare the poo out of me.

#19 Panther'sBigD

Panther'sBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:56 PM

I just finished my CCW class, I already have a Beretta 92FS and am looking to get a Springfield Armory xd40 subcompact and add the insight x2l laser and light. Hyatt has the gun for about $500, do you guys get better deals than this at gun shows? I have really started enjoying going to the range.

Doesn't having a laser sight on a pistol kinda take the fun/challenge out of shooting at the range?

#20 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:58 PM

Posted Image

#21 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

Doesn't having a laser sight on a pistol kinda take the fun/challenge out of shooting at the range?

I liked the look on the laser and it is easy to take that on and off

#22 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:30 PM

Go to a store called Firepower in Monroe.

I have been there numerous times but I think they changed the name now to Elite Training

http://www.elitetrainingacademync.com/

The only FirePower store is the one in matthews

#23 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,967 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:42 PM

ok tenian..spill the beans. One just doesn't out of the blue buy weapons.

#24 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:42 PM

I have been there numerous times but I think they changed the name now to Elite Training

http://www.elitetrainingacademync.com/

The only FirePower store is the one in matthews

I meant the matthews store.

http://www.firepowernc.com/page2.html

#25 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:55 PM

ok tenian..spill the beans. One just doesn't out of the blue buy weapons.

nothin special.... went to the range with one of my fellow friends at the hospital and just got addicted to it

#26 STIFFPAWED

STIFFPAWED

Streakin The Quad

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:29 PM

The guys walking around at the gun shows looking to get rid of some of their personal stock is where you can find some of the best deals, but unless you're just looking for clips, holsters, etc.. the vendors are way over priced.

#27 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:01 PM

it ain't as easy as that....

Posted Image

Wonder how loud that pussy would scream after getting beat down for trying to grab that cop's gun. No doubt, all the limp dicks would back his sorry ass when he cried police brutality.

#28 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:39 PM

My brother in law runs the store.

Hope it's not Phil, cause he is a dick. charlottenian, you can still get good deals at gun shows if you work the place. Don't be afraid to low ball 'em and offer to not pay taxes (don't be afraid to by used either). Hyatt's is the highest priced shop around (look at the location and you'll figure it out). Mark and Lynn at Elite in Monroe are good people. They don't have an FFL, but shoot there when you can. Firepower in Matthews is fairly good on prices, but the wont offer any wiggle room. Also try Pineville Gun Shop on Main Street.

I like how the have the private range you have to qualify for

That's a joke. An extra 10 yards, wow.

#29 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:15 AM

Trader's World in Charleston

#30 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:49 AM

Hope it's not Phil, cause he is a dick. charlottenian, you can still get good deals at gun shows if you work the place. Don't be afraid to low ball 'em and offer to not pay taxes (don't be afraid to by used either). Hyatt's is the highest priced shop around (look at the location and you'll figure it out). Mark and Lynn at Elite in Monroe are good people. They don't have an FFL, but shoot there when you can. Firepower in Matthews is fairly good on prices, but the wont offer any wiggle room. Also try Pineville Gun Shop on Main Street.

That's a joke. An extra 10 yards, wow.

I said i liked it because you don't have to deal with people who have never shot before. I didn't say it was hard or anything. Sounds like you had a bad experience at Firepower. Hyatt's will come down a lot on their price. It's that high because of the people that shop there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com