40 replies to this topic

#31 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,348 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:47 AM

I think SLJ's post resembles bullpoo. :)

#32 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:51 AM

I think SLJ's post resembles bullpoo. :)

pfft... Don't be hating on my psychobabble... There's good stuff in that right there!

#33 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:15 AM

Wow SLJ that's pretty good. I definitely think you hit on a couple of things, especially the thing with Galileo that is so specific and fits right in with what you're talking about. I was talking to my husband about it last night and remembered a couple more things.
I think the 2 people in the dream that were so sure of themselves and then misdirected me has something to do with trust issues I'm dealing with. I felt so lost and helpless in the dream. This dream in particular felt different from other dreams I've had.

#34 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:40 AM

Dreams are very personal and speak to the specific emotional life of the dreamer. The "surest guide to the meaning of a dream is the feeling and judgment of the dreamer himself or herself, who, deep down inside, knows its real meaning" (Baker). This theory seems to be based upon the fact that most dreams are about things that have occurred within the past day or two and reflect the dreamer's present life and concerns, including unresolved feelings. This theory also implies that the interpretation of dreams can play a significant role in self-discovery; for, dreams reflect feelings and desires of which we are not conscious when awake. We may have anxieties or desires that only our dreams can reveal.

A related theory is that dreams are "watchdogs of the psyche" (Baker). Dreams are mechanisms that inform and guide our feelings and emotions. In short, this theory maintains that dreams are a way for us to express our desires and fears that, for whatever reason, need to be expressed but are not expressed when awake. If this is true, it would seem to follow that only one very intimate with the dreamer should attempt to interpret a particular dream.

http://www.skepdic.com/dreams.html

#35 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:47 AM

If this is true, it would seem to follow that only one very intimate with the dreamer should attempt to interpret a particular dream.

http://www.skepdic.com/dreams.html

Makes sense why SLJ did such a good job. :D

thanks epi good post

#36 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:09 AM

bow chicka wow wow... ;) ROFL

#37 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:15 PM

Nah his aim was too terrible.

too easy.... :D

#38 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Yeah, Booooyyyyyy....

• HUDDLER
  • 6,788 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:25 PM

I have a certain level of control over my dreams. Have since college. Once had a dream where Freddy Kreuger showed up on my porch. I popped Wolverine's claws and kicked his ass.

Most recent dream: Walked out of my sister's house and things didn't look right. Said to myself "I think this is a dream". Tried to hover just to test it out (I can always fly and/or hover in my dreams) and was successful, so I flew around for a bit.

I can do the same thing on a regular basis. I can even do it as I fall asleep.

Are you the spawn of an alien/human liasion like me? :D

#39 SMACKDAB

SMACKDAB

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:32 PM

I'm turning you guys in! :eek:

#40 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,922 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:15 PM

I can do the same thing on a regular basis. I can even do it as I fall asleep.

Are you the spawn of an alien/human liasion like me? :D

Honestly, one day in a philosophy class, my professor told me that i could control my dreams. Ever since that day, I've been able to do it.

(wish he would have told me I could make millions of dollars doing nothing; maybe I'd be able to do that now too)

#41 SCPantherFan90

SCPantherFan90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:40 PM

I've got you all beat. Couple weeks ago I had a dream...maybe a nightmare, idk. Anyways, I ended up getting stabbed in the stomach by Megan Fox with a bouie knife...thoughts/suggestions on a good mental institution?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.