Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best movies you stumbled upon?

48 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

2 1/2 Men?

Posted · Report post

Saw this on Showtime a couple of years back, ever since then whenever it comes on I have to watch it.

las_vegas_parano_2.jpg

Posted · Report post

The Host, Mongol, and Rogue.

Posted · Report post

The Couch Trip with Dan Akroyd

Posted · Report post

Last week I got a movie from Netflix. All the top movies I'm waiting for are on wait, so instead of getting a movie I have already seen , I got "Inkheart" And it was very good, I thought....for a Brendan Fraser movie.

A voiceover tells us that storytellers have always existed, but there are the rare few who are "Silvertongues" who can bring characters to life. Often, they don't know they possess the gift.

Mortimer Folchart (Brendan Fraser) is sitting with his wife, Resa (Sienna Guillory). They are trying to calm their baby girl down for bed, so Mo picks a book to read: Little Red Riding Hood. As he is reading aloud, things shake and move slightly (only noticed by Mo), and a red riding hood falls into the back yard onto their clothesline.

Twelve years later, Mo and his daughter, Meggie (Eliza Hope Bennet), are on their way to another old bookshop (as always, because Meggie expresses the wish to go to modern bookshops where they can have hot coco, etc.) in Germany. But Mo loves old books. Meggie says that maybe he will find the old book he is always looking for. Apparently, he always scours every corner of old bookshops looking for a very specific old book that he has never been able to find. Mo heads into an old shop while Meggie waits outside in the street looking at other books.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0494238/synopsis

Posted · Report post

The Accidental Tourist, Ordinary People, Sunshine (2007)

Posted · Report post

One eyed monster - Caught this on showtime, features Ron Jeremy. It's a must see.

Thought that was good? Really? I acquired it, watched it and deleted it almost as quickly. Worse than a B movie even though it was trying to be one.

As to the original question...

"The Field" with Richard Harris and Sean Bean

Posted · Report post

Trojan War

Posted · Report post

Dangerous Beauty

Posted · Report post

DarylPoster.jpg

Posted · Report post

sneakers_bigposter.gif