Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your top 3 things to tweak during the bye.

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Health

Pass Rush

Tip ball Drill

Posted

1. Get healthy

2. Work on defensive FUNDAMENTALS. Finishing a tackle, gap responsibility, etc. Too late in the process to try and reinvent the wheel by changing schemes. Do what we do, only better.

3. Get D Will involved more in 2nd half plays. Stewart is good, but Williams is en fuego right now. Stewart's ego will bounce back when he puts that SB ring on.

:iagree:

Posted

the team has 2 weeks to get HUNGRY.

And I'm not talking about being hungry for Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup. (although, since we're going to be playing one of the birds, that could be appropriate)

I'm talking about being HUNGRY to win it all. Finishing plays, paying attention to line changes, learning to read both the O and D correctly, and not make mistakes.

They gotta be angry about how they almost missed the bye, and don't want to be sitting out early.

They need to be HUNGRY for that ring. That trophy. And to raise it high in TAMPA.

HUNGRY to get that win for Jerry. For Sam. For the fans.

Posted

three more

4) consider using the pass more to set up the run (ex. what happened vs. Denver)

5) better secondary play (bump-and-run, pass rush[?], man coverage, something)

6) involve more receivers (TE's, Jarrett, Hackett) in the passing game to keep defenders honest on Smith and Muhammad

Posted

health for sure

the defense needs to wake up (particularly the secondary)

fox...stay with the game plan that is winning and dominating (cough, cough Giants and Saints)

don't know what it is about Fox, but sometimes he has a lot of trouble either getting our guys ready to play or having them come out with the same intensity they had in the first half.

Posted

1: Get Healthy

2: Encourage tighter coverage by our CBs

3: Develop one sure WR3 that can start the rest of the playoffs...quit switching back and forth with Hack and DJ

Posted

1. Get healthy. can't be said enough.

2. Fox takes over the defense

3. Punch Ken Lucas in the nose. for the hell of it

4. come up with another nickname for Smash'n'Dash DoubleTrouble Rush'n'Crush. PBnJ....

Posted

Health, with time will take care of itself as well as it can.

1. Empahasize a sense of urgency starting the 3rd and 4th quarters similar to the focus put on starting games quicker a few games back. If the hammer is down, make sure it stays down.

2. Work on the field position game. Better coverage on kickoffs and punts. Make sure the blocked punt bug does not raise it's ugly head.

3. Execution, every phase of the game. Two weeks to practice, no stone should go unturned, as well as preparing our younger players for playoff intensity.

Be aggresive, kick ass, make plays. :D

Posted

work on stopping the run

have smitty punch lucas again

get healthy

Posted

1. Heal

2. Fix the issues in Secondary

3. Add new schemes on offense no one will have seen all season

Posted

#1) It's time to break out the trick plays on offense. I wanna see a flea-flicker deep to Smith.

#2) I want both Stew and Smith returning punts.

#3) I want Lewis to know his job is on the line if he doesn't collapse the pocket.

Posted

For once in my life I would like to see the Panthers execute a successful screen pass.