King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:22 PM

Posted Image

The Basketball Hall of Fame will announce Thursday afternoon that it will move this year's enshrinement date from mid-September to Aug. 13 in anticipation of the 1992 Dream Team being among the inductees of the Class of 2010, a league source said.

The official list of finalists will be announced Feb. 12, but the men's team that won Olympic gold in Barcelona for the United States and featured superstars Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird and Charles Barkley undoubtedly will be included in that select group.

Two other Dream Team stars, Scottie Pippen and Karl Malone, also will be eligible for induction this year for the first time.

The shift to August was made, in part, to eliminate a conflict with the world championships, which will be held in Istanbul from Aug. 28 to Sept. 12. In fact, USA Basketball hopes to fly in the current U.S. team to Springfield to be present for the Dream Team's induction.

Assembling the Dream Team alumni normally would be a tall order. However, Jordan likely will want to be in attendance to support his former Bulls teammate Pippen, and former Jazz point guard and Dream Team alumnus John Stockton will want to be on hand to celebrate Malone, his former Jazz teammate.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4844905

#2 JakeFlake

JakeFlake

The King of Kings

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:23 PM

R.I.P. Chuck Daly.

#3 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,291 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:34 PM

I have a Complete 1992 Dream Team Starting Lineup set in the original box I want to sell if anyone is going to the enshrinement. I will let you keep 10% for your troubles. Thanks!

#4 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:56 PM

Posted Image

Chuck Daly didnt call a single time out the entire Olympics. Thats how great this team was.

#5 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,691 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

Finally.

And lol at Stockton hahah.

#6 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:21 PM

The two craziest things about that Dream Team picture........Laetnar being in it and Isiah Thomas not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users