• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Rock_Steady

Rock_Steady

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:56 AM

#5 in this article - http://www.profootba.../wwhi122908.htm - has me concerned. Just like Del Rio, the price of success could be high.

#2 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:03 AM

Edit: nevermind showed up eventually

Edited by tarheelpride, 30 December 2008 - 01:06 AM.

#3 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:05 AM

keep em' I've mourned the loss of Del rio since, if he leaves it better not be because money is an issue

#4 Rock_Steady

Rock_Steady

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:07 AM

It reads -
"5. Panthers offensive coordinator Jeff Davidson

In Davidson’s first year as Carolina’s offensive coordinator last season, the Panthers’ offense hit the skids after QB Jake Delhomme was lost for season in Week Three.

With Delhomme healthy in Davidson’s second season as the coordinator, Carolina’s offense has become one of the most potent and balanced the league has to offer, with the one-two punch of DeAngelo Williams and first-round rookie Jonathan Stewart running rampant behind an underrated O-line that has allowed only 20 sacks, and Steve Smith providing an explosive aerial complement.

“In some ways he has been a bit handcuffed by the (head coach John) Fox philosophy,” a league expert said of Davidson. “He comes from the Belichick/Parcells coaching tree, and he could be this year’s Mike Smith flying under the radar and knock off an owner’s socks in the interview process.”

Added another source: “Davidson doesn’t come across like a great communicator. But the same could have been said about Smith last year.”"

#5 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,751 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:09 AM

Nobody else is mentioning Davidson. I don't think we have anything to worry about.

#6 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,793 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:14 AM

“In some ways he has been a bit handcuffed by the (head coach John) Fox philosophy,” a league expert said of Davidson.

I think we should focus on that statement instead of Trgo or Rio, hey our past 2 defensive coordinators names rhymes lol

#7 Debil

Debil

Stop the insanity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:17 AM

“In some ways he has been a bit handcuffed by the (head coach John) Fox philosophy,” a league expert said of Davidson.

I wish he would have elaborated a lot more on that. Not that we don't already know what that is... but it would have been interesting to just see it in writing by someone who isn't a fan

#8 Jangler

Jangler

• HUDDLER
  • 46,751 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:19 AM

That league expert probably had a Saints/ Bengals Superbowl

#9 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:44 AM

I still miss Rio.

#10 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,528 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:53 AM

I wish he would have elaborated a lot more on that. Not that we don't already know what that is... but it would have been interesting to just see it in writing by someone who isn't a fan

There is nothing to elaborate on.....as you stated... we all know the answer. Also....I don't believe we should worry about losing Davidson. As long as he's under contract he's untouchable. And it also seems we got the lucky pick from the Belicheat tree. The rest (Romeo, Mangini and Weiss) all seem to be sucking bad.

#11 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,795 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:58 AM

I hope everyone leaves our 'tree' alone :rant:

#12 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:45 AM

I'm glad we're not going to have to be looking for a new head coach. Everyone's going to be looking for the next Smith, Harbaugh, or Zorn.

The success of rookie head coaches this year is going to leave a couple teams with the wrong guy with the job just because he reminds the ownership of Smith, Harbaugh, or Zorn...like that guy said about Davidson.

I don't think he's going anywhere.

#13 Jangler

Jangler

• HUDDLER
  • 46,751 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:09 PM

There is nothing to elaborate on.....as you stated... we all know the answer. Also....I don't believe we should worry about losing Davidson. As long as he's under contract he's untouchable. And it also seems we got the lucky pick from the Belicheat tree. The rest (Romeo, Mangini and Weiss) all seem to be sucking bad.

I wouldn't necessarily hold the (Belicheat tree) against Romeo, Mangini and Weiss. Belicheck didn't have a great stay in Cleveland.

Edited by Jangler, 30 December 2008 - 02:52 PM.

#14 jkj

jkj

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:16 PM

Belicheck didn't have a great stay in Cleveland.

that was before belicheat learned how to work a camera.:)

#15 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,811 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:33 PM

As long as he's under contract he's untouchable.

That's not true, almost all coordinators that become HC's were still under contract. He is not a player, but I think we are safe from losing him this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.