#17 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,947 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:01 AM

Hmm I would disagree

But wont because T.J is 31. I wont throw no big money at someone turning 32 around the time another season start next year

#18 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,329 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:01 AM

Jake rarely throws to #2, so what's the point?

He would if he had a better one. I love Moose and all, but the man is old.

#19 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,329 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:03 AM

Hey dumbass, Moose had more yards and TDs than TJ did this season.

And Matt Ryan has better stats than Jake. What's your point?

#20 runrunpass

runrunpass

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:05 AM

Moose had 65catches 923yards 5tds and great blocking, one year older wont make him suck and we also have Hackett and Jarrett.
Use the money on a DT and a Corner.

#21 Lt Pinkerton

Lt Pinkerton

Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:06 AM

Matt Ryan is probably better/will be better than Jake. And I'm no Jake hater.

People hate on stats all the time, but (barring a few exceptions) they define whether or not a player is good.

#22 runrunpass

runrunpass

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:09 AM

You would rather have Jake than Matt Ryan?

#23 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:14 AM

He said #2, not all other spots.
The 2 main TEs have 39 catches this year together, not too bad. Would like to see the RBs more in the passing game though.

I don't really care what he said, you said moose had comparable receptions to smith and I basically say in response:
It's good to get your play makers involved, but if a defense knows your only going to 1 of 3 people, it sure makes it a lot easier to defend.

Jake used to spread the ball around really well.
Now he tends to throw up a prayer, luckily for him and the panthers smith has been answering those prayers.
How many more can he get by with? A man can only make so many impossible catches.

#24 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,329 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:15 AM

You would rather have Jake than Matt Ryan?

Right now? Yep. Next season? Yep. And you'd rather have Moose than T.J. We'll have to agree to disagree.

#25 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:27 AM

We don't need to bring in a WR who is going to be paid as a no. 1 to fill a no. 2's shoes.

#26 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,582 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:32 AM

And who can't block.

#27 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,498 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:48 AM

I don't really care what he said, you said moose had comparable receptions to smith and I basically say in response:
It's good to get your play makers involved, but if a defense knows your only going to 1 of 3 people, it sure makes it a lot easier to defend.

Jake used to spread the ball around really well.
Now he tends to throw up a prayer, luckily for him and the panthers smith has been answering those prayers.
How many more can he get by with? A man can only make so many impossible catches.

You are wrong about Jake. Jake looks at the defense and based on what they are doing makes his reads and throws or runs accordingly. He rarely throws in double coverage or forces the ball. His supposed prayer against New Orleans was thrown to Smith because he knew he was in single coverage based on what the corner was doing in reacting to Rosario.

Jake does spread the ball around and calls audibles and changes plays. But why wouldn't you get the best receiver in the NFL as involved as possible? How many pics has Jake thrown in the past 3 games?? One against Denver on a tipped ball. How about against the Giants and the Saints? None. So apparently even though he just chucks it up, it isn't hurting him or Smith.

As for spreading out the ball, Jake completed 14 passes against New Orleans. 9 of the 14 went to someone other than Smith. In fact Moose caught 7 balls while Smith caught only 5.
Against New York-Jake completed 11 passes. Moose once again lead all receivers with 4 while Smitty had 3 catches and the rest had 4 catches.

You have to go back to the Denver game to see where Jake threw the ball to Smith the majority of the time. With a 30-10 final score it hardly seems that the strategy is hurting us. And the pick was thrown when he threw it to someone besides Smith. So again your argument holds no water.

As other have said, stats at least help separate the facts from fantasy.

#28 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:58 AM

Moose is doing great! I personally think he has a good 3years left in him. He plays so well, and his blocking John Madden calls 2nd best in the NFL, only to Hines Ward. I can understand that because Hines Ward is just a beast at blocking, but so isnt Moose.

#29 hdevonxz

hdevonxz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg/Greenville

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:03 AM

The Bengals are going to franchize him. Who else do they have to franchize?

#30 SteveSmith_for_Prez

SteveSmith_for_Prez

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:18 AM

cough, cough...haynesworth!

seriously, look at the productivity of both moose and housh this season and it's really closre. housh is going to want more money than the panthers are willing to pay a #2. in the NFL you want a couple stud backs and a stud receiver. the rest is just gravy with good TEs and #2s. having two stud wide outs means nothing if you can't pay for anybody else. see Arizona for years with Fitz and Boldin...though they finally got lucky and were the best of the worst division in the league.

i'd like to get haynesworth, but i know that's a pipe dream for the most part. isn't demarcus ware up for agency? i wonder how he's do as a DE in a 4-3?

Edited by SteveSmith_for_Prez, 30 December 2008 - 10:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.