• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 francois.nc

francois.nc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:24 AM

Why so Jake can ignore him and throw to Smith in Double Coverage?

For a touchdown in our SuperBowl Victory. I love that guys, he has got some big kahunas.

#32 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:25 AM

Is it me or does someone try to turn every thread into a "Bash Jake Thread"? :confused:

#33 thishmongdude

thishmongdude

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:29 AM

We should focus on the "D" during the off season. We need more help on "D". Our Offense is very good, just need to re-sign some key players.

#34 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,563 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:08 AM

The Bengals are going to franchize him. Who else do they have to franchize?

they don't have to franchise him or anyone. teams don't have to franchise anyone if they don't have to. it's unusual for the panthers to do it.

anyway, housh may be out problem before too long. i have heard rumblings of an interest atlanta might have in him.

that could be ugly.

#35 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:10 AM

We need DEFENSIVE TACKLES!!!. We may need another LT. We may need another cornerback especially if we don't get defensive tackles that can command a double team. Then I would say backup safeties, Guards, Then maybe WR.

#36 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:12 AM

Is it the off-season already?

Yeah...lets at least wait till the middle of February ;)

#37 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:16 AM

Can we all just stop with the "We should sign [Big Name Free Agent name here] X"? We are going to have a hell of a time keeping the guys we have. There's not going to be any Haynesworths or Houshmandzadehs on this team.

#38 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:17 AM

Although.. it seems from reports that CJ Wilson maybe a monster cornerback in waiting. So if thats the case you can move that down a few spots.

1)DT that command double teams(don't grow on trees)
1a) DT that you may not have to double team but can get push up middle
2)LT that can hold up against John Abrahams, Gaines Adam types(dont grow on trees)
3)Safety(more backup depth) although I think Dante Wesley maybe able to convert and give us backup depth.
4)Guards/tackles we have seen that you can never have to many
5)Cornerback that can play man press (don't grow on trees).

#39 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,878 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:22 AM

Can we just post a list of all free agents those with a passing knowledge of football have heard of so we can just have one big "I know it will never happen but wouldn't it be great if we spent all our cap on _______?" thread?

#40 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:41 AM

TJ will go to a team where he can be the number 1. So this whole discussion is pointless.

#41 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:44 AM

This whole discussion is pointless for more reasons than just that.

#42 SteveSmith_for_Prez

SteveSmith_for_Prez

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:11 PM

in all seriousness we don't need haynesworth. kemo is no haynesworth, but he is more than worthy of filling up some space and pushing the o-line backwards. johnson has come of age as a pass rushing dlinemen also. we need to worry about keeping pepp and then tightening up the secondary. they are our glaring weakness on defense without a doubt.

#43 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:19 PM

Gross and Pep are the main worries for this team

One good thing is we don't have a 1st rounder to pay this year.

#44 Woodie

Woodie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:47 PM

He rarely throws in double coverage or forces the ball. His supposed prayer against New Orleans was thrown to Smith because he knew he was in single coverage based on what the corner was doing in reacting to Rosario.

The thing is that in both of the instances where Jake supposedly threw into double coverage, Smitty had a step on the defenders. Jake underthrew him both times, which made it look like he threw into double coverage when in reality it was an underthrow. If Jake had been able to lead him, both would have been even bigger plays. In fact, a lot of those jump balls fall into this category. Smitty is so good at getting a step or two, but often has to come back to out-fight the defenders for the ball.

That is not a knock on Jake in any way, but he has never had particularly good downfield accuracy. And with Moose back, we have two receivers that understand Jake and what to expect from him, so are able to go make a play that a lot of other receivers would let fall incomplete. In an odd sort of way, that is a huge advantage we have. Since Smitty, in particular, often has a step on the defenders, they cannot cheat and try to make a play on an underthrown pass. After all, if they are wrong, it is a touchdown and not just a big play.

#45 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:16 PM

Don't need him, + big names mean big money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.