Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The best tandem in 25 years!

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Was excited about the potential of our back field, back at the draft. Is good to see it play out.

Posted · Report post

Thanks....nice info

Posted · Report post

"The Panthers backfield duo's combined 2,351 yards is the highest total in the NFL in 24 years.

It's also the eighth best total of all time for a pair of teammates. The only backfield duos with more yards all included Hall of Famers O.J. Simpson, Jim Brown, Walter Payton or Eric Dickerson."

Posted · Report post

wow! did not know this. that's a great achievement for both of these guys...especially D-Will as he has exploded into stardom. Stewart shouldn't be too far behind.

Posted · Report post

Never thought I would hear "Panther running back" and "league leader in touchdowns" in the same sentence. Still pinching myself actually. Nobody saw D-Will having the season he had. Hell, he didn't even make the pro bowl because he came on in the second half of the year.

Never knew they closed the voting so early. Seems ridiculous not to have the league leader in TD's voted in doesn't it?

Posted · Report post

Yeah, this year has really turned me off to the Pro Bowl more than ever. Stats should definitely be involved in the decision making process. I knew something would be diff about DWill this year cuz in TC he started to get all yolked. On TV sunday one of the announcers (can't remember who) said Vinnie pulled DWill aside last year and was like "dude, if you wanna be a pro-bowler or All Pro in the NFL, you gotta get into shape and be a workout machine." Thanks Vin we all appreciate that. I totally believe it too because last year Smitty said Vinnie was Unbelievable in the weight room... even at 40.

Posted · Report post

Reading farther down the page they called SS "Football Rambo", I like that, good nickname for him.

Posted · Report post

Never thought I would hear "Panther running back" and "league leader in touchdowns" in the same sentence. Still pinching myself actually. Nobody saw D-Will having the season he had. Hell, he didn't even make the pro bowl because he came on in the second half of the year.

Never knew they closed the voting so early. Seems ridiculous not to have the league leader in TD's voted in doesn't it?

Speak for yourself. :D

Posted · Report post

Why does it feel like this was DeAngelo's first year with the team? He really is a new person after his first couple of years.