#3 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,589 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:30 PM

Was excited about the potential of our back field, back at the draft. Is good to see it play out.

#4 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:32 PM

Thanks....nice info

#5 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:13 PM

"The Panthers backfield duo's combined 2,351 yards is the highest total in the NFL in 24 years.
It's also the eighth best total of all time for a pair of teammates. The only backfield duos with more yards all included Hall of Famers O.J. Simpson, Jim Brown, Walter Payton or Eric Dickerson."

#6 SteveSmith_for_Prez

SteveSmith_for_Prez

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:16 PM

wow! did not know this. that's a great achievement for both of these guys...especially D-Will as he has exploded into stardom. Stewart shouldn't be too far behind.

#7 blackcatfever

blackcatfever

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:33 PM

Never thought I would hear "Panther running back" and "league leader in touchdowns" in the same sentence. Still pinching myself actually. Nobody saw D-Will having the season he had. Hell, he didn't even make the pro bowl because he came on in the second half of the year.

Never knew they closed the voting so early. Seems ridiculous not to have the league leader in TD's voted in doesn't it?

#8 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:07 PM

Yeah, this year has really turned me off to the Pro Bowl more than ever. Stats should definitely be involved in the decision making process. I knew something would be diff about DWill this year cuz in TC he started to get all yolked. On TV sunday one of the announcers (can't remember who) said Vinnie pulled DWill aside last year and was like "dude, if you wanna be a pro-bowler or All Pro in the NFL, you gotta get into shape and be a workout machine." Thanks Vin we all appreciate that. I totally believe it too because last year Smitty said Vinnie was Unbelievable in the weight room... even at 40.

#9 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:06 PM

Reading farther down the page they called SS "Football Rambo", I like that, good nickname for him.

#10 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:26 PM

when u talk about dual back yardage the first stat that comes to mind in greatness is each with over a 1000 yards. think we can achieve this next year. hope it isnt squandered, we really have something special...

http://www.profootba...p?story_id=2272

#11 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:35 PM

Never thought I would hear "Panther running back" and "league leader in touchdowns" in the same sentence. Still pinching myself actually. Nobody saw D-Will having the season he had. Hell, he didn't even make the pro bowl because he came on in the second half of the year.

Never knew they closed the voting so early. Seems ridiculous not to have the league leader in TD's voted in doesn't it?

Speak for yourself. :D

#12 dbeat

dbeat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:52 PM

Why does it feel like this was DeAngelo's first year with the team? He really is a new person after his first couple of years.

#13 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:57 PM

Why does it feel like this was DeAngelo's first year with the team? He really is a new person after his first couple of years.

hes emerging as a leader....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com