Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mayock's top prospects at each position

19 posts in this topic

Posted

mccoy better than suh?i dont know.

Posted

mccoy better than suh?i dont know.

Asinine...

Posted

lmao,very.

Posted

Asinine...

It may seem asinine to us now, but Mike Mayock is privy to inside info with every team.. he may know something that we don't. Mike always amazes me in some way each and every year.. He watches tons and tons of film all year long on all the top players. I wouldn't criticize and of his projections, because he has them there for a reason.

Posted

Most OU fans can't even rectify that claim.

I'd put Earl Thomas ahead of Taylor Mays as well.

Posted

I'm in the Mayock Camp as well. He's my favorite draft guru.

I also like nfldraftcountdown for their mocks but i like mayock's rankings the best.

Posted

put mccoy on nebraska d do you think he would dominate like suh?i dont think he does.

i like ol mike too.very good with prospects and projections.

Posted

put mccoy on nebraska d do you think he would dominate like suh?i dont think he does.

i like ol mike too.very good with prospects and projections.

Actually, I think McCoy really could look better in Bo Pelini's defense.. Bo Pelini made Glenn Dorsey a Top 5 pick and he busted.. I guess you could make the argument that Dorsey is playing out of position in KC. I don't think Suh is a slam dunk, that is all. Pelini DT's scare me.

Posted

From what Mayock has said He thinks both are great.He said he thinks McCoy is a better pass rusher and Suh is better against the run.But both still are great players.

Everyone says its a lock that the Rams will take Suh.But they have a lot of money tied up on that Dline

Posted

Kyle Wilson and Devin McCourty are two corners that would be solid additions if we were to select one of them. Mayock may talk Wilson into the first round, though.

Posted

Suh also has had knee issues in the past. That is a major concern for any DT.

And Mayock doesn't just rank players based on talent either. He really looks at how a player can be used, what schemes they can play in, ect. IMO Suh is a DT only in a 4-3 where McCoy could play in a 3-4 as well.

I don't think Mayock is wrong in this case I just disagree with him. I would take Suh but I think what Mayock has said is both of these guys or as close to can't-miss picks as you can get.