#1 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,682 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

Personally, I believe the NFC South will easily be the best, most exciting division in football next season.

Think about it this…

For the NFC offenses…
The Saints have the league's best passing attack.
We have the league's best running game.
The Falcons have a consistent passing and running game.
The Bucs could surprise us with a legit passing and rushing game.

For the defenses…
The Saints have one of the league's most explosive defenses.
We have one of the league's most physical D's.
The Falcons are very consistent on defense too.
The Bucs have great defensive potential.

And even for special teams…
The Saints have Reggie Bush returning kickoffs and punts of TDs every once in a while.
We have one of the most physical special teams unit as well as a consistent kicker in Kasay, a good punter in Baker, and even a great K.O.S in Rhys Lloyd.
The Falcons have a great coverage unit.
I've got to say that the Bucs have the league's best special teams unit, blocking punts and kicks, returning kicks and punts for TD's, and making S.T turnovers too.

So I have to say, the NFC is gonna be a very hard division to win in next season. Who agrees that the NFC South being the league's hardest division for years to come?? And who does everyone think will win the South next season??

My predictions… 1. Saints 2. Panthers (Both enter the playoffs) 3. Falcons 4. Bucs

Edited by SmittyIsOurSavior, 31 January 2010 - 04:44 PM.

#2 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,545 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:32 PM

Personally, I believe the NFC South will easily be the best, most exciting division in football next season.

Think about it this…

For the NFC offenses…
The Saints have the league's best passing attack.
We have the league's best running game.
The Falcons have a consistent passing and running game.
The Bucs could surprise us with a legit passing and rushing game.

For the defenses…
The Saints have one of the league's most explosive defenses.
We have one of the league's most physical D's.
The Bucs have great defensive potential.

And even for special teams…
The Saints have Reggie Bush returning kickoffs and punts of TDs every once in a while.
We have one of the most physical special teams unit as well as a consistent kicker in Kasay, a good punter in Baker, and even a great K.O.S in Rhys Lloyd.
The Falcons have a great coverage unit.
I've got to say that the Bucs have the league's best special teams unit, blocking punts and kicks, returning kicks and punts for TD's, and making S.T turnovers too.

So I have to say, the NFC is gonna be a very hard division to win in next season. Who agrees that the NFC South being the league's hardest division for years to come?? And who does everyone think will win the South next season??

My predictions… 1. Saints 2. Panthers (Both enter the playoffs) 3. Falcons 4. Bucs

Nice post.........2 things. When describing our Special Teams the word "SUCKS" must be mentioned somewhere in the sentence and picking the Aint's to finish ahead of us=..................Fail.

#3 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,793 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:35 PM

Saints are back to earth next year. It's us in first, ATL and TB are going to share #2 and #4 (ATL should get second place, but the Bucs could surprise) and NO third.

#4 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:36 PM

Haha yeah, I understand. I was trying to point out the little positives in our special teams. And even though I'm the biggest Panther fan ever, I just don't see the Panther's winning more games than the Saints. But we will go further in the playoffs, no doubt.

#5 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:39 PM

Tampa won't come second haha. And I just don't see the Falcons doing too much. Panthers and Saints will be 1 & 2, and it will be close. The question is, what order??

#6 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,355 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:51 PM

I keep forgetting that the Falcons exist. God there was so much hype for them coming into this season that just didn't amount to much.

#7 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:10 PM

I keep forgetting that the Falcons exist. God there was so much hype for them coming into this season that just didn't amount to much.

Not that all of our hype amounted to much either.

#8 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,355 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:01 PM

Not that all of our hype amounted to much either.

We didn't have any hype entering the 2009 season. Just a bunch of people (rightfully) talking about Delhomme's playoff performance and Peppers. Every other news story out of Falcons camp was Ryan's "scary" improvement and how Tony Gonzalez was the missing piece that would propel them to NFC elites.

#9 Saint J

Saint J

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:02 PM

next year starts year 2 of the dynasty

#10 John Fox

John Fox

it is what it is

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

next year starts year 2 of the dynasty

i dont see the colts being that good next year. but as long as you have peyton manning, the sky is the limit

#11 Saint J

Saint J

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:51 PM

good one

#12 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:55 PM

We didn't have any hype entering the 2009 season. Just a bunch of people (rightfully) talking about Delhomme's playoff performance and Peppers. Every other news story out of Falcons camp was Ryan's "scary" improvement and how Tony Gonzalez was the missing piece that would propel them to NFC elites.

We had some hype alright. I mean, people were wondering about our QB situation and what would happen with Peps, but nobody expected an 8-8 Carolina team.

#13 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:06 PM

If by consistent, you mean they are consistently getting gashed in the run game and torched in the passing game, then yes I agree completely.

No disrespect to the Saints, but they aren't as complete as Carolina. Their defense wasn't as good as the media tried to make it out to be. They couldn't stop the run to save their life at times. They are the same team as they were in 2008 and 2007, except they blitz more. No where near as complete as Carolina with a Matt Moore quarterbacking the team. But that's just me. As for Atlanta and Tampa Bay, awful defenses. Won't survive in a division where one team has the best running game in the league and another has the best passing game in the league.

1. Carolina Panthers (12-4)**
2. New Orleans Saints (10-6)*
3. Atlanta Falcons (8-8)
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11)

#14 ccase39

ccase39

gnawwin on scrote

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:00 AM

If by consistent, you mean they are consistently getting gashed in the run game and torched in the passing game, then yes I agree completely.

No disrespect to the Saints, but they aren't as complete as Carolina. Their defense wasn't as good as the media tried to make it out to be. They couldn't stop the run to save their life at times. They are the same team as they were in 2008 and 2007, except they blitz more. No where near as complete as Carolina with a Matt Moore quarterbacking the team. But that's just me. As for Atlanta and Tampa Bay, awful defenses. Won't survive in a division where one team has the best running game in the league and another has the best passing game in the league.

1. Carolina Panthers (12-4)**
2. New Orleans Saints (10-6)*
3. Atlanta Falcons (8-8)
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11)

And what Qb is gonna lead you guys to this 12-4 turnaround? Moore? Man you guys put alot of stock in someone who played less than half a season. Will Peppers even be with you guys next year? Also how do you figure us not to be a strong candidate for repeat division winners? I dont see us getting any worse talent wise, we have about 17 players coming back from IR, and some young draft picks that have been waiting in the wings plus the draft. I dont see the Saints being worse next year, we may lose more games as we easily could have been 10-6 this year, but I dont see us fielding a worse team. As much as you guys hate to hear it, I think the Panthers are about to enjoy a few years at the bottom of the South, if not the cellar.

#15 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:13 AM

And what Qb is gonna lead you guys to this 12-4 turnaround? Moore? Man you guys put alot of stock in someone who played less than half a season. Will Peppers even be with you guys next year? Also how do you figure us not to be a strong candidate for repeat division winners? I dont see us getting any worse talent wise, we have about 17 players coming back from IR, and some young draft picks that have been waiting in the wings plus the draft. I dont see the Saints being worse next year, we may lose more games as we easily could have been 10-6 this year, but I dont see us fielding a worse team. As much as you guys hate to hear it, I think the Panthers are about to enjoy a few years at the bottom of the South, if not the cellar.

Please, tell me, what is going to make us a bottom team in the South (hell, even the Cellar!) for the next few years?

Oh yeah, our young offensive line will definitely hurt us. Or is it our two young backs who both could arguably be top ten? Oh wait, I know what it is. Our great linebacker corp with Jon Beason, Thomas Davis, and Diggs, two of which are just entering the prime of their careers. Could it be our young secondary which was just ranked top ten in the league? Maybe its Matt Moore who showed incredible potential with his phenomenal deep ball accuracy?

Could it happen? Sure. But so could the Saints falling to the bottom happen. Just ask the Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Giants, Seattle Seahawks, etc. Also, I cannot wait to hear fans who don't know anything about Carolina keep bringing up the loss of Julius Peppers - if he even leaves - and says it will be the main reason Carolina doesn't even finish one or two in the division. When Julius Peppers had a broken hand, we were still applying consistent pressure. Tyler Brayton, Charles Johnson, and Everette Brown are sufficient enough. We could add another pass rusher because you can't have too many, but people need to stop putting all this stock into it. It isn't like Julius Peppers showed up for every game, anyway.

Saints could win the division. Panthers could win the division. Falcons could win the division. Bucc-well, you know what I mean. The division is always a crapshoot and just because you guys have made it to the Super Bowl doesn't mean squat in 2010. Tampa Bay and Carolina fans know that firsthand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.