#61 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,344 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:44 AM

The only place anyone will see Charlie on Sundays (Mondays) will be on the sideline with a clipboard in his hand!

Time will tell

Yeah I'm just yankin' your chain man. So I take it you think Hasselbeck has the inside track for the job? The sparse national media coverage :puke: I've seen is treating it like an open competition.

#62 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:50 AM

Yeah I'm just yankin' your chain man. So I take it you think Hasselbeck has the inside track for the job? The sparse national media coverage :puke: I've seen is treating it like an open competition.

unless there is some big deal in the works to trade him for another need...OL or something...I can't see him being a healthy back up in Seattle. If he gets hurt or sucks out of the gate...then maybe...but I believe the starting job is his. I am also still a big Hass fan and I think if they could fix the line...he still has a few good more years in him to be the face of the franchise.

#63 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,341 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:47 AM

The Saints season hinges on their QB's health. I'm almost inclined to say we're in a better situation than them.

#64 PantherBob

PantherBob

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

The NFC East has 4 legitimate teams that could definitely make the playoffs. The Vikings, packers, and Bears will definitely be factors for the playoffs as well in the north. Right now those are hands down the best 2 divisions. The West blows and the south has only 2 legite contenders in the saints and falcons. Put down the homer glasses people!

#65 ED-209

ED-209

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:09 PM

and the south has only 2 legite contenders in the saints and falcons. Put down the homer glasses people!

yea since the falcons were contenders with the saints last year and ended 9-7. they surely blow the panthers out of the way with their great defense!

#66 PantherBob

PantherBob

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:23 AM

yea since the falcons were contenders with the saints last year and ended 9-7. they surely blow the panthers out of the way with their great defense!

Who had a better record last year the panthers or the falcons? Who upgraded their team through FA and the draft while the other team let two of their best defensive player walk and did nothing to upgrade their team? Face it....the falcons are the better team unless by some fluke the panthers prove otherwise.

#67 dixontosanders

dixontosanders

That wizard guy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:30 AM

Nice ass in the picture lol.

Don't worry we will destroy the Falcons Week 1, Vikings will beat Saints, I don't know who the Buccaneers are playing but there going to lose and you guys can beat the Giants by running all over them, so the Panthers will the NFC South at the start.

The Saints could lose 2 of their first four games, the Vikings can defintely beat them and the San Francisco 49ers are going to be a surprise if they don't choke away.

#68 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

• HUDDLER
  • 9,344 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:12 AM

2009 was supposed to be the Falcons' dream season of ultimate destiny because they supposedly made all the right moves in the draft and FA, just like we're hearing now. Too bad nobody told their fans and the media that games aren't played in a vacuum and they actually have to fuging execute to win no matter how "stacked" their roster is. Go back and watch their 2009 road game against us for a hilarious and deeply satisfying, yet strikingly relevant example of this.

It's going to be the same poo for them again this season. Their entire season rests on Turner's knee and ankle ligaments and their paper-thin depth on defense.

Edited by london67, 14 July 2010 - 11:14 AM.

#69 caddieman

caddieman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:53 AM

2009 was supposed to be the Falcons' dream season of ultimate destiny because they supposedly made all the right moves in the draft and FA, just like we're hearing now. Too bad nobody told their fans and the media that games aren't played in a vacuum and they actually have to fuging execute to win no matter how "stacked" their roster is. Go back and watch their 2009 road game against us for a hilarious and deeply satisfying, yet strikingly relevant example of this.

It's going to be the same poo for them again this season. Their entire season rests on Turner's knee and ankle ligaments and their paper-thin depth on defense.

I just love a Panther fan talking about paper-thin depth on defense, when you lost 3/4 of your D-line do to just not wanting to spend money to keep them! Falcons lost their #1and#2 picks in the 2009 draft for all but two games. Lost their #1 CB for 10 games and lost their #2 CB for 5 games. All the guys will be back along with a new #1 CB. Now really, no homerism, who improved their team more this off season?..............its OK everybody knows! lol

#70 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

• HUDDLER
  • 9,344 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

I just love a Panther fan talking about paper-thin depth on defense, when you lost 3/4 of your D-line do to just not wanting to spend money to keep them! Falcons lost their #1and#2 picks in the 2009 draft for all but two games. Lost their #1 CB for 10 games and lost their #2 CB for 5 games. All the guys will be back along with a new #1 CB. Now really, no homerism, who improved their team more this off season?..............its OK everybody knows! lol

Who gives a fug about the Panthers-I'm talking about your team here. Basically the Falcons' "superior" offseason amounts to getting a "name" FA that hasn't been particularly impressive since his rookie season. I know the Panthers have had a weak offseason but the fact that Fox's teams have been respectable many times before with a bunch of nobodies and street FAs at DT doesn't exactly have me quaking in fear. We haven't gotten even a notable season out of a DT since Jenkins in 2006, what the fug else is new. Also speaking of JR, the Panthers will probably have some of the most cap space in the league under the new CBA when it comes, so we'll see about "not wanting to spend money in FA" then.

Let's think about the Falcons' front four:

Babineaux: Looking at a possible multi-game suspension
Jerry: Coming off a massive knee injury
Abraham: Fanbase is expecting a comeback season as best I can ascertain from the incoherent psychobabble at the AFMB. That guy hasn't done poo against us since Gross moved to LT, so I couldn't care less.
Kroy Biermann: The Falcons' version of Stanley McClover

Really let's think about it objectively: your starting DTs on opening day just might be Peria Jerry and a converted Jamaal Anderson. I would be overflowing with confidence too.

Edited by london67, 19 July 2010 - 08:24 AM.

#71 FalconDavid

FalconDavid

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

Who gives a fug about the Panthers-I'm talking about your team here. Basically the Falcons' "superior" offseason amounts to getting a "name" FA that hasn't been particularly impressive since his rookie season. I know the Panthers have had a weak offseason but the fact that Fox's teams have been respectable many times before with a bunch of nobodies and street FAs at DT doesn't exactly have me quaking in fear. We haven't gotten even a notable season out of a DT since Jenkins in 2006, what the fug else is new. Also speaking of JR, the Panthers will probably have some of the most cap space in the league under the new CBA when it comes, so we'll see about "not wanting to spend money in FA" then.

Abraham: Fanbase is expecting a comeback season as best I can ascertain from the incoherent psychobabble at the AFMB. That guy hasn't done poo against us since Gross moved to LT, so I couldn't care less.

Really let's think about it objectively: your starting DTs on opening day just might be Peria Jerry and a converted Jamaal Anderson. I would be overflowing with confidence too.

Boy someone is mad today. You sure do like to just come up with poo sometimes.

#72 caddieman

caddieman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

Well lets look at it this way. Last year you guys rushed for a total of 329 yards on us in two games. We rushed for 327 yards in two games with Turner out for 1/2 of the second game. He got hurt in the second quarter and had already put up 111 yards on 9 carries. A 12.3 yard average. And our #1 DT was out of the second game. We got everybody coming back. You guys are down 3 starters on the D-line this year. My "CONFIDENCE" should be much higher than yours. It will be all over by the time our first game rolls around any way.

#73 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:25 PM

Well lets look at it this way. Last year you guys rushed for a total of 329 yards on us in two games. We rushed for 327 yards in two games with Turner out for 1/2 of the second game. He got hurt in the second quarter and had already put up 111 yards on 9 carries. A 12.3 yard average. And our #1 DT was out of the second game. We got everybody coming back. You guys are down 3 starters on the D-line this year. My "CONFIDENCE" should be much higher than yours. It will be all over by the time our first game rolls around any way.

I'd say not having Jake Delhomme is a pretty major improvement on our side. The rest of the league pretty much figured out his tendencies, but the Falcons somehow let him throw for 3 TDs and only got one turnover against him last year, even though he was god awful.

#74 PantherRush

PantherRush

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:33 PM

I'd say not having Jake Delhomme is a pretty major improvement on our side. The rest of the league pretty much figured out his tendencies, but the Falcons somehow let him throw for 3 TDs and only got one turnover against him last year, even though he was god awful.

Definite improvement having Jake gone. As for the division, the Saints will likely be less competitive this year, which will open door for the Falcons to take the NFC South, but they won't go too far in the playoffs. NFC South is basically just schedule-filler for the rest of the league this year. We are rebuilding as are the Bucs.

#75 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

• HUDDLER
  • 9,344 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:42 AM

Okay let's get something straight while we're talking DTs: we were down our starting NT in Kemoeautu on opening day. Our opening day DTs against the Eagles if I remember correctly were Damione Lewis and Nick Hayden-not like it mattered because Jake Delhomme was under center. The point is, we were starting what should have been a strictly rotational guy on day one, so spare me your bitching about losing starters and your implication that that's why we rushed so effectively on you. I know it's inconceivable that the Panthers could have any talent or be effective in any aspect of the game, let alone against the mighty Atlanta Falcons, but bear with me.

That said, let's fast forward to week two: Louis Leonard and Damione Lewis are the starters against the Falcons. That tackle combo held Michael Turner to something like 105 yards on 28 carries-pretty weak for a back of his caliber. Leonard was injured on one of the last snaps of the game and subsequently put on IR. I think by the second game our starting DTs were Hollis Thomas and Damione Lewis and yes, we got gashed. Good thing Golden Boy Matt "Son of God" Ryan was chucking ugly ass picks into double coverage all day. Anyway, that tackle combo would later hold Adrian Peterson to 35 yards on 12 carries, so take what you will from that. I say good coaching helped average/weak talent overachieve.

Look, I completely understand that we're going to give up some rushing yards in 2010. We certainly did in 2009 but the impact was mitigated by a ton of turnovers (top five in both FFs and INTs) which is one of the main aspects of how the Tampa 2 is actually supposed to work. Nobody in this fanbase is misguidedly expecting a Super Bowl run like the Falcons are, but we're definitely going to enjoy laughing at you when an offseason of hopes and dreams has a head on collision with reality.

Boy someone is mad today. You sure do like to just come up with poo sometimes.

Well at least the only other Falcons fan who posts here likes you.

Edited by london67, 20 July 2010 - 08:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.