Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What if we trade our first round pick again?

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Last year i called it, I felt since we were under pressure to win we would trade our first round pick. I gots lucky.

I feel like they're addicted to it. They've supposedly been on the "hot seat" for 3 years now. 2012 draft will be pretty deep if they'res a lockout. More insentive to trade now.

Hell even if they trade peppers I'd be they'd still do it.

Posted

Unless they are trading for Suh, Clausen, or Dez Bryant...I'd be pretty pissed.

Posted

What first round pick?

Posted

He means trading next year's first round pick to move up this year....like the previous two years.

Posted

doh

Posted

If they trade next years first then Fox and Hurney better be fired before the draft is even over.

Posted

If they trade next years first then Fox and Hurney better be fired before the draft is even over.

This. They need to be on a short leash regarding trades come draft day. No more "WIN NOW" moves without the results.

Posted

This. They need to be on a short leash regarding trades come draft day. No more "WIN NOW" moves without the results.

we're 1-1 right now. Stewart and Otah netted some pretty fine results. Althought that was with two 1st rounders instead of two 2nd rounders.

Posted

So, if they do another draft day trade, you want them gone before they can get results? lol.

The players they got in the last two drafts have all had impacts.

Posted

So, if they do another draft day trade, you want them gone before they can get results? lol.

The players they got in the last two drafts have all had impacts.

I'm hoping they don't have the leeway to perform any mega-trades this draft, considering we don't know who our coach/GM will be after this season. That, and we're living on the credit card as far as draft picks at this point.

You can only justify so many "FINAL PIECE OF THE PUZZLE" choices when you're losing out on depth picks and not making any headway into the postseason regardless.

Them getting fired during the actual draft would be pretty entertaining, btw. Imagine the dramatic zoom in on the Panthers war room.

Posted

Carolina should just continue to trade first rounders year after year so they would never feel the repercussions of the first trade.

Posted

Im still troubled by the trade last year. I was a little stunned really. Trade a 1st rounder...for a somewhat early 2nd rounder? still doesn't make sense to me at all. And I also dont see whats so impressive about brown? Def not worth a 1st round pick, the guy played how many snaps this past year? might as well just have kept our 1st rounder this year. But just my opinion. (16/17 in the 1st round at that.)

If we trade a 1st...we need to get a 1st in return.

New to the forum :-) long time panther fan