#46 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,196 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:32 AM

You really want to give the guy that ran his team into the ground in the other mock two 1st round picks?

#47 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:04 PM

You really want to give the guy that ran his team into the ground in the other mock two 1st round picks?

Just remember that when he comes to you with an unrealistic picks for picks trade...

;)

#48 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,196 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:27 PM

I'd rather not have another one ruined by people making stupid picks/trades but whatever.... guess I'll take Cleveland... :P

#49 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:29 PM

I'd rather not have another one ruined by people making stupid picks/trades but whatever.... guess I'll take Cleveland... :P

Meh.. let him make stupid picks... That'll mean better players falling to me... ;)

#50 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,196 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:41 PM

Uh I guess... I can play basketball with someone that does nothing but throw up airballs from halfcourt and I'll win everytime but how fun/interesting would that be...

I thought the whole purpose of this one would be that it would actually be somewhat realistic.

#51 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:44 PM

Uh I guess... I can play basketball with someone that does nothing but throw up airballs from halfcourt and I'll win everytime but how fun/interesting would that be...

I thought the whole purpose of this one would be that it would actually be somewhat realistic.

I thought we were just acting as GMs, and would propose several options for each pick... to be voted on by our peers?

#52 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,196 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

I don't see where anybody said that. I thought each person took over a team and made their own decisions as far as trades/picks goes.

#53 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:55 PM

I could roll with that idea... We could all make our cases for each teams pick, and then pick for them... We could even have a poll for each pick or something and let those interested vote on who that team should take...

When it comes to the Panthers, I think we should do the same thing... We'll likely have more passionate debate about Panthers picks, but consensus rules... (If any of you motherfugers vote for Demaryius, I will hunt you down and strangle you in your sleep!)

Also, we might could even come up with a trade of the Panthers' 2011 first rounder or something...

Or, we could just have everyone interested pick a team and be the GM... We'd better hurry though, because time is running short...

I thought this was the idea we were rolling with... Maybe not, but I thought it would be cool...

We pick a team, do the research on who they might be targeting, and put the top 3 on your list up for vote by the rest of the GMs... Majority wins...

#54 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,196 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:03 PM

He was saying that just for the Panthers pick, since we all know the team pretty well. If someone is going to act as GM for a team and do all the research I doubt it's a good idea to have everyone vote on what they should do. Everyone doesn't know all teams needs or their draft strategy for targeting what positions in what rounds.

Besides the logistical problems of debating and voting on EVERY single pick in the draft.

#55 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:16 PM

I'd say we just straight up mock draft then, and no trading picks at all...

First to call a team gets the dibs on it too, so no need to penalize someone for another thread, in my opinion anyways...

#56 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,821 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:17 PM

I'll take the Jets here as well

#57 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:18 PM

I'll take the Jets here as well

This thing was your idea... What say you on the rules/format?

You want to run the show or what? lol...

#58 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,196 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:21 PM

Why would you not have trading picks? It's not that big of a deal to just make people go by the draft trade chart and make sure they are within a reasonable range (10-20% or whatever) of an equal trade.

Trading future picks might get out of hand though. I would say to allow only one future pick to be traded.

#59 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,821 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:25 PM

Why would you not have trading picks? It's not that big of a deal to just make people go by the draft trade chart and make sure they are within a reasonable range (10-20% or whatever) of an equal trade.

Trading future picks might get out of hand though. I would say to allow only one future pick to be traded.

I like this. I mean the whole "I'll trade Peyton Manning" thing irked me in the other thread a bit. Kinda took the reality away.

If a team wants to drop back in the draft they should do it for picks...

#60 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:42 PM

I like the idea of limiting future draft puck trades...either way the team would have to agree to the trade right? And I also like the idea of voting in the panthers picks...I think it was my idea, I was just saying that we should all get the opportunity to pursuade the panther rep to pick a certain player.

Should be fun guys...have we decided on a day and time? And how many rounds are we doing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com